Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Statement from Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I think I know 2 guys that know why a Colt costs $1,000 and a Ruger costs $500. Everyone else thinks that there is only one single AR15 assembly line in the world and that every rifle is exactly the same and Colt just charges more. Most AR15 owners don't know the difference between BCM and PSA and it doesn't matter anyway because they don't shoot the gun enough. Colt doesn't have shit for market share anymore so they're focusing on other markets.
    The same could be said about 1911s, which is apparently Colt's civilian sales focus now. But no worries, a $42 million dollar contract is going to save the day for a company that had ten times that much in debt.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Oh for the love of God already. Colt isn't siding with anti-2nd Amendment factions. They just have management that does stupid shit over and over. I thought everyone knew this.

Ding. Ding. Ding. !!!

Watch this ... explains it all perfectly.

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDE3MDc...l-of-an-empire

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I encounter far more people who want to build an AR for 400 bucks than those that want a hard use AR from Colt/BCM/LMT.
    precisely

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    We have industry reps on the forum. What made me wonder is that you joined the forum, and have only posted about Colt and their AR15 decision.
    Guess you'll just have to keep wondering.
    Last edited by FredWyn; 09-21-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The same could be said about 1911s, which is apparently Colt's civilian sales focus now. But no worries, a $42 million dollar contract is going to save the day for a company that had ten times that much in debt.
    I didn't mean to say it's a GOOD business decision, just that it's a business decision rather than a political one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Actually, about $130,500,000 in contracts in total . . . .

I have heard that basically Colt only has one production line for rifles. They tool up, run a big batch, then reconfigure to make something else. I have been hearing that for YEARS but I have no first hand knowledge. Does anybody here know?

User Tag List