Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RFI Mitch Rosen: Upper Limit, 5JR, Uncle Sal's Decision, 5M/%DM Mag Pouch, SOS

RFI Mitch Rosen: Upper Limit, 5JR, Uncle Sal's Decision, 5M/%DM Mag Pouch, SOS

I am looking for input as to who has currently or formerly used these holsters. Specifically would like to know what pistol you are using it with along with what belt you wear. Seems like this holster is best suited to something with a short sub-compact type slide but I could see compact working well also, just seems like it would want to roll out more from the body.

How well is yours holding up to EDC usage? Comfort? I have used Mitch's Express Belt & Sport Express holster, that said I was very impressed with the fit/finish/function. I must admit though I ended up getting rid of both as the belt ended up being too large as I slimmed down and the holster was not really well suited to concealment on my person (more for gaming, open carry, etc).

The Express line seems like the best value, I can't see the need for the boning personally, but maybe I just don't know what I don't know. It looks nice, probably well hold it's retention longer I would imagine also. I will likely be using an Express belt with these holster if I end up getting some holsters made, just for the sake of having the belt/holster combo optimized and not running into any drama with things not playing nicely together as I have ran into a lot in the past.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I am looking for input as to who has currently or formerly used these holsters. Specifically would like to know what pistol you are using it with along with what belt you wear. Seems like this holster is best suited to something with a short sub-compact type slide but I could see compact working well also, just seems like it would want to roll out more from the body.

How well is yours holding up to EDC usage? Comfort? I have used Mitch's Express Belt & Sport Express holster, that said I was very impressed with the fit/finish/function. I must admit though I ended up getting rid of both as the belt ended up being too large as I slimmed down and the holster was not really well suited to concealment on my person (more for gaming, open carry, etc).

The Express line seems like the best value, I can't see the need for the boning personally, but maybe I just don't know what I don't know. It looks nice, probably well hold it's retention longer I would imagine also. I will likely be using an Express belt with these holster if I end up getting some holsters made, just for the sake of having the belt/holster combo optimized and not running into any drama with things not playing nicely together as I have ran into a lot in the past.

Thanks in advance!
    I’ve had several 5JR and upper limit holsters. First off, the quality gap between express and premium on the Mitch Rosen is huge. If you want really fine leather, go premium. If you want to save $$, look elsewhere... IMHO of course.

The upper limit really holds the gun high, and has no cant. If you have any “over hang”, AKA “spare tire” (which admittedly I do), then gun will push out on you and be less concealable.

The 5JR is my second favorite OWB holster, and works really well (again, much better in non-express line). It does Center the gun on the belt, so it requires a cover garment with a bit of length.

My 2˘.
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-19-2019 at 06:36 PM.

In what way would you say the Full Detail works better' than the Express? I'm all for fine leather and have more than my share of it already, but when it costs half as much I give the Express line a hard look if I can get 2 for 1 and still have quality gear.

At the suggestion of @GJM, I tried a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit in their Express line for my Glock 19.

It worked extremely well. Fit and finish were excellent. I wore it quite frequently as my every day carry rig in my RV over an extended travel across the US and Canada over approximately 2 years. I wore it with a Mitch Rosen gunbelt, in 1 1/2". Both in Cuban Brown.

The only reason I put it away was when the RCS Perun came out. The Perun is lighter, cheaper, fully ambidextrous, thinner on the belt and just as secure. But I still have the MR UL in my box 'o holsters.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-19-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    In what way would you say the Full Detail works better' than the Express? I'm all for fine leather and have more than my share of it already, but when it costs half as much I give the Express line a hard look if I can get 2 for 1 and still have quality gear.
    Better retention, stays in shape longer, IE doesn’t wear as quickly. Also, the leather seems thinner in the full detail models.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The Perun is lighter, cheaper, fully ambidextrous, thinner on the belt and just as secure.
    Yup.
    The Perun is my go to holster for OWB concealed carry while riding my dual-sport motorcycle.
    Conceals a Glock 19 "good nuff" under just a T-shirt for my purposes, which when on my motorcycle is fueling up and stretching my legs.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    At the suggestion of @GJM, I tried a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit in their Express line for my Glock 19.

It worked extremely well. Fit and finish were excellent. I wore it quite frequently as my every day carry rig in my RV over an extended travel across the US and Canada over approximately 2 years. I wore it with a Mitch Rosen gunbelt, in 1 1/2". Both in Cuban Brown.

The only reason I put it away was when the RCS Perun came out. The Perun is lighter, cheaper, fully ambidextrous, thinner on the belt and just as secure. But I still have the MR UL in my box 'o holsters.
    If you ever want to dump it, let me know. The UL that is.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 09-20-2019 at 06:42 PM.

I used his SOS daily for about 20 years. Conceals well and comfortable. I only stopped using it because I had Darkstar Gear make me a similar product in kydex.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    If you ever want to dump it, let me know. The UL that is.
    I'll keep that in mind, but I'm a lefty.

Site Supporter
    In that case, disregard. Thanks anyway.

User Tag List