Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids indoctrination camp

Kids indoctrination camp

#RESIST

Sounds awesome.

We had lots of great influences in the sixties too. Weathermen, Hippies, Yippies, Panthers, commies, anarchists, and yet somehow most of us still survived to become productive members of society. I don't know if it's a more virulent strain of social indoctrination now or not as I'm well past the age and point of falling prey to such madness...

Idealism is good. Tearing down the world and denying the rights of others in furtherance of your goals...not so much.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The daughter used to go to Girl Scout camp. Talk about indoctrination! Do this. Climb that. swim here. Food was probably better than protest camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    The daughter used to go to Girl Scout camp. Talk about indoctrination! Do this. Climb that. swim here. Food was probably better than protest camp.
    And the counselors probably had better hygiene.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    They probably get veggie burgers once a week. (Think of the pain those poor veggies have to endure.) Hay and manure the rest of the week.

I'm eagerly waiting for a hilarious teen summer camp film based on this... on idyllic Crystal Lake, of course.
    If they extended the duration just 11 days they could have made it to friday 13th

I like it. Less competition for my kids in the career marketplace.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

We laugh, but these'll be the kids helping the David Hoggs of the world organize brownshirt marches against our rights.

Maybe we can get Clint Smith to put on "Thunder Ranch for Kids" or something to counter this
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    We laugh, but these'll be the kids helping the David Hoggs of the world organize brownshirt marches against our rights.

Maybe we can get Clint Smith to put on "Thunder Ranch for Kids" or something to counter this
    Man, that would've been the dream of a lifetime for any red blooded American kid when I was coming up. I hope it's still like that in most places.

Hell, I was pissed when I didn't win the Emenee (toy) Rifle Range when I was a kid that had a chance at it on a TV contest.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We had lots of great influences in the sixties too. Weathermen, Hippies, Yippies, Panthers, commies, anarchists, and yet somehow most of us still survived to become productive members of society. I don't know if it's a more virulent strain of social indoctrination now or not as I'm well past the age and point of falling prey to such madness...
    If you grew up in the 60's, you grew up in a day when more or less decent people were still more or less in control of the schools, universities, churches and even pop culture. Obviously, that control weakened throughout the silly 60's, but up until near the end, there was still some dignity and decency in most of those institutions.

The crazies you're talking about have now taken over all or almost all of those things. (No disrespect intended to, for example, the Episcopalian church--but just try to distinguish their current social and political agenda from the leftist zeitgeist. Unless you're talking about the African bishops, most of whom are still faithfully Christian, God bless them. But I'm talking about the Americans and the Brits. And again, just as one example.) So yes, it's more virulent, but it's also nearly inescapable.

The schools are the worst. They've always been bad--just school as such is bad. But nowadays they're just unspeakably awful. Obviously I can't make a serious argument to support that kind of sweeping claim here on a message board, but I'd point all parents to John Taylor Gatto's work. His masterpiece, IMHO, is his Underground History. The scary thing is, he's not even on about the explicit political indoctrination that we're now doing in our schools. That's an add-on!

Sorry to rant, but as an educator and as a parent, and as an American citizen, this stuff gets me going.

User Tag List