Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos and Video of Justin Trudeau in Black Face Emerge

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:

Justin's having a tough re-election.
    https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/5a8e0...4/?jwsource=cl

Not sure if I'm successfully embedding this video or not, but as of today, we're now up to three separate blackface incidents and Justin is now saying he's "not sure" how many times he did this.

Honestly I don't really care if people do stupid things, even if they're offensive...but if there's one thing I love, it's when people have a big famous collection of petards, and then they throw a hoisting party for themselves.

If the Self Righteous Oh So Woke Left is going to be playing the Cancel Game with people's past, then it's only fitting to serve up a large side of gander sauce.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    gander sauce.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    we're now up to three separate blackface incidents and Justin is now saying he's "not sure" how many times he did this.
    Because after all, who keeps track of the number of times they dressed up in blackface.

It seems one of those times he was in high school and dressed up at a talent show and sang ‘Day-O’ with makeup on, referring to a tune previously known as “The Banana Boat Song” and popularized by Harry Belafonte.

Seriously, there was at least one incident where after Justin Trudeau interrupted a woman at a town hall who used the word “mankind” and told her it was not mankind but peoplekind. This was over the top political correctness.

In other news, a middleaged former US Republican congressman who is being confirmed for a position in the Trump administration has come under fire for using a fake ID when he was 17.:
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...enager-sources

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I couldn't even begin to care. I don't find putting makeup on being offensive in any way. That's just me and I like Trudeau about as much as I like any other progressive piece of crap.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I couldn't even begin to care. I don't find putting makeup on being offensive in any way. That's just me and I like Trudeau about as much as I like any other progressive piece of crap.
    It's not the blackface, it's the hypocrisy.
    Glass house, throwing stones.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    What is unacceptable at all levels today was less so in decades past. One difference is the degree of outrage as in then compared to now. Today's level of outrage is an example of revisionism where current standards are used to judge dumbass behavior conducted in the past. My comment does not excuse the behavior or apologize for it. Instead the comment attempts to put the behavior in perspective. Please note that it's my perspective. I tend to overlook some stuff. When little Suzy walked into my class with a giant black eye, I exclaimed, "Oh Suzy, what happened?" When she told me that her boyfriend dick slapped her, I showed sympathy and continued with my lesson. The day before I had taken a knife from her but gave it back when she promised to leave it at home. These kids had never heard of painting faces. If they had had this knowledge, they would have painted mine and theirs too.

I think Trudeau is a buffoon, but I'm not too outraged, but then I'm a white guy.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    What is unacceptable at all levels today was less so in decades past.
    In addition, he's in Canada (did they have a long history of minstrel shows?) and it was a couple of decades ago. It's not like he's doing this in Birmingham, Alabama in 2017.

As mentioned above, I'd be more concerned about the position of his right hand, in the "Aladdin" picture, than the black face.

I am waiting for the outrage at the "woman-less beauty reviews".

That has always been very common and still common in my area. We even did this at my company a couple years ago.

I think it is only a matter of time before someone starts saying it is offensive to "trans people". Since they are usually extremely popular and people take lots of pictures and it is usually the most prominent/popular people that are dressing up, I know there are people that are now in public office or running for public office that have pictures of themselves in drag who are cis-gendered non-binary privileged white males.

Most of the ones that I have seen those involved have really, really, really hammed it up as well and honestly I have laughed myself silly watching them.

User Tag List