Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Rear Sight Adjustment Tool: Where to purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Rich - the 584-045-017WB is for sights with tapered sides on the rear - like the ones you've got. My pusher is older, technically designed for "flat" sided sights, but has worked fine with everything I've tried in the last several years. So, I guess the "flat" pusher might be more versatile in the long run.

Yes, you'll need the adapter slide plate for your slim line GLOCKS
    Excellent, thanks.

I just ordered the MGW tool from Brownell's (and a couple G43X magazines; you never know lol) and got free shipping and $10 off the order to boot. Used the site supporter link so hopefully will benefit p-f as well.

Ok I have a real gun nerd / armourer question: Does anyone know, how much horizontal distance the MGW sight pusher moves, for every turn of the adjustment screw mechanism?

I've worked out that in order for me to move my POI on my The Test (which I frequently use as a metric for my rapid shooting aka USPSA) targets to the center, from the left, approximately 4" at 10 yards, I need to skosh the rear sight left about 0.0669". This is assuming a Glock 19 sight radius of 6.02" and an impact pattern about 4" to the right of where I want it to be (center of the bull).

MGW sight tool

Bought a MGW sight tool for Glock years ago. Kinda expensive, but to takes the frustration out of changing out rear sights. Quality made tool.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ok I have a real gun nerd / armourer question: Does anyone know, how much horizontal distance the MGW sight pusher moves, for every turn of the adjustment screw mechanism?

I've worked out that in order for me to move my POI on my The Test (which I frequently use as a metric for my rapid shooting aka USPSA) targets to the center, from the left, approximately 4" at 10 yards, I need to skosh the rear sight left about 0.0669". This is assuming a Glock 19 sight radius of 6.02" and an impact pattern about 4" to the right of where I want it to be (center of the bull).
    A call or email to MGW would likely let you know the threads per inch, just a bit of math from there to determine the distance per thread.

Screw the math .... it has to be verified anyway so just move the thing a smidgen and shoot three rounds.

For establishing a zero, I use this triangulation method with three shot groups. If your groups don't form a triangle (the more equal the sides the better obviously) something is amiss with the gun, the ammo or the shooter. This method makes the "center" of the triangle (marked in red) effectually my POA as I'm adjusting the sights.

Last edited by 41magfan; 11-07-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    A call or email to MGW would likely let you know the threads per inch, just a bit of math from there to determine the distance per thread.
    I contacted MGW by social media.

I got an immediate response, and permission to post the fact that the thread pitch is 24 per inch.

That is some outstanding Customer Service. Very much looking forward to using my MGW Sight pusher. Should be arriving 11/15 from Brownells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    I contacted MGW by social media.

I got an immediate response, and permission to post the fact that the thread pitch is 24 per inch.

That is some outstanding Customer Service. Very much looking forward to using my MGW Sight pusher. Should be arriving 11/15 from Brownells.
    Since I am math challenged, what does that work out to in thousands inch/degree turned (or thousands inch/360 degree turn)?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Since I am math challenged, what does that work out to in thousands inch/degree turned (or thousands inch/360 degree turn)?
    1/24 of an inch=0.0416666667” per 360 degree rotation.

Glock sells them

Dear Armorer,

Does anyone have a source for this Glock ‘Rear Sight Adjustment Took’ I saw in a Glock catalog last week?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....re-to-purchase

User Tag List