Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling safe with pistols that just have trigger safeties and not slide safeties.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    My bad. I guess I was just for some reason under the impression that you were using the “>” symbol the same as one would use a dash, semi-colon, bracket or parentheses...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Punctuation anarchy! Not from me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Two things changed the game for me:understanding how Glocks work, and the gadget. OMMV.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If being a volunteer RSO has shown me anything, it’s that anyone can be unsafe regardless of weapon platform.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Punctuation anarchy! Not from me.
    Cut me some slack, man. I haven’t even thought of “greater-than/less than math problems since grade school....[emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Two things changed the game for me:understanding how Glocks work, and the gadget. OMMV.
    That is a game changer, that’s for sure. I wonder if they make this for other guns?

I came up shooting PPC, and thumb retention of the hammer during reholstering was beaten into me. I have to say the Gadget has been a wonderful development for me and how I approach reholstering.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

That is a game changer, that’s for sure. I wonder if they make this for other guns?

At present the Striker Control Device is only available for Glocks and to my understanding, the way the Glock works and other guns don’t work is what allows it to work.

But we can ask @Tom_Jones to confirm this.

Honestly, I’ve never, NEVER, been a Glock guy. But sometimes I think about buying a G17 and SCD (“gadget”), just because I appreciate the ingenuity behind the device.

I'm a DA/SA guy but comfortable with typical striker fired pistols as well. Did take a while to get near the same level of comfort. Holstering not so much, just general administrative handling.

Most of it is mental as you follow the same steps and sacred principles of trigger finger discipline and muzzle awareness. Good amounts of dry fire and handling the 110% unloaded pistol can help the mental aspect. Even a Walther PPQ takes a deliberate press of the trigger.

Is there any real need to overcome your aversion? With so many other quality designs out there, not caring for the no-manual safety striker fired gun hardly seems like a hindrance.

I carried a 1911 for over twenty years and never gave a thought to the safety. Then, I moved onto other designs and I'm now to the point where a manual safety is one of the features I desire least. My personal preference has become a TDA pistol. I didn't gravitate in that direction because of the initial DA trigger pull specifically. However, I don't find it an impediment to good shooting and it also provides an excellent layer of additional safety, so why not?

I know the striker fired gun with a dingus on the trigger is the order of the day. However, if you don't like it there's no need to waste time pondering it. After all, we currently live with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to quality pistol designs.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Just curious of advice there is to be given about overcoming being uncomfortable with a gun that only relies on a trigger safety.

I’ve just never cared for them. Nothing against Glocks really, I just never was interested in one because of all the horror stories that usually come with these types of pistols. The only pistol I have in my arsenal that is even close to one of these is my little EDC Ruger LC9S that has a safety. At one point before I bought it, I even considered the “Pro” version of this pistol but, wasn’t happy with the lack of a slide safety on it so that’s why I bought what I bought.

Just curious if there’s anyway to overcome that.

Thanks.

Your basic premise is factually incorrect.

Tab safeties on triggers like Glocks, modern bolt Rifles etc are not “trigger safeties”. They are inertia / drop safeties.

User Tag List