Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling safe with pistols that just have trigger safeties and not slide safeties.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Later.

I guess thanks for your input...[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Tom Jones has done more good for this forum than you can likely fathom, and his positive influence on it will (hopefully) endure long after your attempts to besmirch it with inane BS are utterly spent.

Later.

I guess thanks for your input...[emoji849]

I think the person who helmed this forum for years, designed an ingenious gadget to improve a striker fired gun safety, then chimed in to a thread you created about this topic could be addressed with a bit less condescension and disdain.

He literally took the time to explain how his product worked and how it improved safety. You have a thread about your "feelings" and being safe with a safetyless gun. And you don't feel he has added to this discussion thread?

Want to "feel" confident? Learn how they function. Maybe watch a video someone added to this thread instead of ignoring the offered knowledge (kind of a pattern huh?). Get some training on how to properly use the manual of arms. Practice the manual of arms in dryfire. Practice in live fire.

This shit isn't a secret. Everyone on this board knows how to learn, train, and practice. And everyone is happy to help those who ask for help. Nearly everyone (with at least one glaring exception) is happy for the help and willing to change what they're doing to learn, train, and practice. This is about pistol improvement. As in trying to get better.

This community's discourse is of a higher quality. If you're going to participate please be genuinely interested in gaining knowledge, and please don't insult the members here (all of whom my better) when they expend effort to help you. Actions like that are responsible (in my opinion) for the lack of SME and industry leaders participation over the last few years.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Tom Jones has done more good for this forum than you can likely fathom, and his positive influence on it will (hopefully) endure long after your attempts to besmirch it with inane BS are utterly spent.
    “My attempts to besmirch it”?? Yeah, I had to google it to see what the heck you were talking about but uh, that’s not it at all. I’m glad for his input but I’m not gonna lie to ya, I figured his exit style of the thread was a little unnecessary. I didn’t do nothin to him. Matter of fact I’m glad he contributed why he did so, I’m still a little bit befuddled about what that was all about.

Re: Tits, and Condition Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    The little tit on the Glock trigger does nothing. Accidentally pull the trigger and the tit goes with it. Their marketing hype reads like the little tit prevents the pistol from firing itself!

Carrying a striker-fire w/o a safety is like handling and carrying a 1911 loaded, hammer back and safety off.
    I will join the chorus saying that yes, indeed, the “tit” does keep the Glock from firing itself, due to the inertia of the trigger, in the event of a fall onto the rear of the weapon. See the you-tubes for examples of how the pre-recall P320 pistols were discharging upon hitting the floor; the Glocks’ “tits” are helping to prevent that. (The Glocks’ strikers not being fully-cocked also contributes to the level of safety.)

As for carrying a 1911 cocked and the thumb lever off-safe, well, one of my colleagues discreetly did just that, for a number of years, without putting holes into anything unintended. The 1911 has a grip safety to act as a drop-safety, and reholstering with the thumb on the hammer means that the grip safety is in the safe position, while the hammer is restrained, so, I cannot dispute that he seemed safe enough. Plus, our Safariland duty holsters’ retention straps passed across the back of the slide, in the path of the hammer, offering an additional level of safety. I will add that this colleague was, and is, quite switched-on, and fanatically muzzle-aware and trigger-finger-aware.

To be clear, I am not recommending that anyone adopt “Condition Zero” carry, for a 1911 carry gun.

Notably, some of my less-switched-on former colleagues have managed to AD/ND long-stroke double action revolving and auto pistols. Sigh.

As for slide-mounted safety levers, I owned a couple of S&W 3913 pistols, in the early/middle Nineties, and recently bought a well-preserved, railed 3913 TSW, so have been getting re-acquainted with DA/SA, with a pistol that is on-safe when its “dingus is down.” I have found that it fits a couple of my SIG P229 leather holsters well enough, so it may actually see some carry time. I recently scored a slimmed-down slide-latch, on evil bay, perhaps from a parted-out 3953, but it looks new, so perhaps was part of someone’s spares stash. I have been accumulating other spare parts and springs, too. This could be a nice fun gun, or may become my “speed loader” when toting a revolver as “primary.”
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-18-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

“My attempts to besmirch it”?? Yeah, I had to google it to see what the heck you were talking about but uh, that’s not it at all. I’m glad for his input but I’m not gonna lie to ya, I figured his exit style of the thread was a little unnecessary. I didn’t do nothin to him. Matter of fact I’m glad he contributed why he did so, I’m still a little bit befuddled about what that was all about.

Maybe I can help explain...

Tom has a lot of patience. This has been proven over and over again on this forum over a period of years.

That said, he doesn't suffer fools gladly.

And with that, I think I'll take advantage of the ignore button.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  3axt57.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  52.6 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I think the person who helmed this forum for years, designed an ingenious gadget to improve a striker fired gun safety, then chimed in to a thread you created about this topic could be addressed with a bit less condescension and disdain.
    What condescension? I was just like, ok. If you’re gonna be done with a thread, is it really necessary to exit like that? I guess it is. Excuse me for not knowing that.

He literally took the time to explain how his product worked and how it improved safety. You have a thread about your "feelings" and being safe with a safetyless gun. And you don't feel he has added to this discussion thread?
    Where did I say I didn’t think he contributed?? Sounds to me like you’re just a little bit misunderstood.

Want to "feel" confident? Learn how they function. Maybe watch a video someone added to this thread instead of ignoring the offered knowledge (kind of a pattern huh?). Get some training on how to properly use the manual of arms. Practice the manual of arms in dryfire. Practice in live fire.
    I’ve watched a ton of videos. If this is in reference to the “how the Glock works” video, I wasn’t ignoring it or even dismissing it because I don’t know what I’m looking for.

This shit isn't a secret. Everyone on this board knows how to learn, train, and practice. And everyone is happy to help those who ask for help. Nearly everyone (with at least one glaring exception) is happy for the help and willing to change what they're doing to learn, train, and practice. This is about pistol improvement. As in trying to get better.
    That’s why I’m here as well. I’m really not here to start trouble but, I’m not gonna just sit in my hands when someone says whatever they want just because they’ve been here a while and I haven’t.
    This community's discourse is of a higher quality. If you're going to participate please be genuinely interested in gaining knowledge, and please don't insult the members here (all of whom my better) when they expend effort to help you. Actions like that are responsible (in my opinion) for the lack of SME and industry leaders participation over the last few years.

-Cory
    Ain’t insulting anybody.

Again- if my response to Tom is what you’re referring to, I was just reacting to his exit. lol. Nothing more.

That’s why I’m here as well. I’m really not here to start trouble but, I’m not gonna just sit in my hands when someone says whatever they want just because they’ve been here a while and I haven’t.
    I’d like to respond to this, and offer some advice regarding this forum, not from any great industry insider perspective (because I’m a musician in real life, not a gun SME), but rather, coming from a guy who was once a newbie here, and who has inadvertently stepped on his own dick a few times here.

I think you’ll come to enjoy this place and get a lot more out of it if you actually do sit on your hands for a bit, at least until you’ve figured out who’s who. This place isn’t reddit. When you interact with someone here, you could very well be getting input from someone who's stacked a bunch of bodies in defense of our country. Or they could be career cops with lethal UoF experience. Or the inventor of a popular firearms accessory, or the owner of a top-tier training school, top-tier holster company, top-tier BJJ gym, top-tier custom gun-smithy, NRA-ILA staff... I even watched one new member discussing courtroom outcomes with the top expert witness in the business (very well-known), only to realize who he was talking to further down thread.

Or, you might be talking to a schoolteacher. Or a chef. Point is, until you sort it out, you don’t know. There are a lot of *extremely* experienced insiders here. Whatever question you have, *somebody* here will know the answer.

Those answers will be easier to access without a flattened-out dick getting in the way.
    JMO. And welcome to P-F, seriously. Best accessible gun forum on the ‘net.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Nit picking.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I think you’ll come to enjoy this place and get a lot more out of it if you actually do sit on your hands for a bit, at least until you’ve figured out who’s who. This place isn’t reddit. When you interact with someone here, you could very well be getting input from someone who's stacked a bunch of bodies in defense of our country. Or they could be career cops with lethal UoF experience. Or the inventor of a popular firearms accessory, or the owner of a top-tier training school, top-tier holster company, top-tier BJJ gym, top-tier custom gun-smithy, NRA-ILA staff... I even watched one new member discussing courtroom outcomes with the top expert witness in the business (very well-known), only to realize who he was talking to further down thread.

Or, you might be talking to a schoolteacher. Or a chef. Point is, until you sort it out, you don’t know. There are a lot of *extremely* experienced insiders here. Whatever question you have, *somebody* here will know the answer.

Those answers will be easier to access without a flattened-out dick getting in the way.
    JMO. And welcome to P-F, seriously. Best accessible gun forum on the ‘net.
    Believe me, I try but when there’s aggressive comments like this...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....826#post931826

....and especially like this one....

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....672#post931672

....I find it hard to keep quiet. I don’t care who you are but you don’t talk to people like that. You agree with that kind of behavior?

This.... this was just totally unnecessary and throwing gas on the fire.

I guess I’m not the only one stepping on one’s dick.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....773#post931773

User Tag List