Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling safe with pistols that just have trigger safeties and not slide safeties.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    The little tit on the Glock trigger does nothing. Accidentally pull the trigger and the tit goes with it. Their marketing hype reads like the little tit prevents the pistol from firing itself!
    That's exactly what it does. It's not designed to stop you from pulling the trigger, it's designed to stop inertia from pulling the trigger if you drop it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Posting this since thread is going/is already full

Name:  94DF9CD4-25E9-40BA-9771-7C68CEC7126C.jpeg
Views: 243
Size:  27.4 KB

Plus I want to trigger #KetoFagz
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    That's exactly what it does. It's not designed to stop you from pulling the trigger, it's designed to stop inertia from pulling the trigger if you drop it.
    I really wish more people understood that.

At a LGS I overheard a customer state the trigger safety doesn't work, because it goes off everytime....
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post

Carrying a striker-fire w/o a safety is like handling and carrying a 1911 loaded, hammer back and safety off.
    This is not so. Carrying ANY gun safely is 100% dependent on the user. A firearms trigger system has no bearing on the users safety level.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    DAO pistols (like the discontinued Beretta 92D) or their cousins such as the HK LEM have much to recommend for them as far as safety is concerned. There is, however, a performance trade off. Whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze can only be determined by the operator.

Since you are a PX4 fan, perhaps you should consider a PX4 Type C.
    So when you talk about the performance trade off, are you talking about the first DA pull like on my type G Storms?

But if I’m understanding the type C correctly- I had to watch a YouTube video to better understand it because the google searched article I found was practically useless but, isn’t the only difference between a C and the D is that the D is the long DA pull every shot like the first shot of an F and a G, and the C is pretty much a half-cocked- every shot like the second and on shots of a F/G storm?

But how exactly is a C safe if it starts off from half-cock position? I realize it’s not totally like one of my Storms that’s fully cocked back but how much less of a pull and how much less of a poundage-pull is the C?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Just curious of advice there is to be given about overcoming being uncomfortable with a gun that only relies on a trigger safety. I’ve just never cared for them. Nothing against Glocks really, I just never was interested in one because of all the horror stories that usually come with these types of pistols...Just curious if there’s anyway to overcome that.
    Have you ever disassembled a Glock and really looked at it? I mean, have you ever REALLY looked closely into a Glock, and studied how a Glock works?

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Have you ever disassembled a Glock and really looked at it? I mean, have you ever REALLY looked closely into a Glock, and studied how a Glock works?

No, I haven’t. I don’t own a Glock and I only know of two people that have them.

But instead of watching a video that I really don’t think will show me anything, what’s the difference between how a Glock “trigger safety” works and anything else that has one? Or better yet, the Ruger LC9S “trigger safety”...

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So when you talk about the performance trade off, are you talking about the first DA pull like on my type G Storms?

But if I’m understanding the type C correctly- I had to watch a YouTube video to better understand it because the google searched article I found was practically useless but, isn’t the only difference between a C and the D is that the D is the long DA pull every shot like the first shot of an F and a G, and the C is pretty much a half-cocked- every shot like the second and on shots of a F/G storm?

But how exactly is a C safe if it starts off from half-cock position? I realize it’s not totally like one of my Storms that’s fully cocked back but how much less of a pull and how much less of a poundage-pull is the C?
    With the Type C you essentially have a constant trigger pull. The hammer is partially cocked; the trigger pull weight (and perhaps more importantly, travel distance) will more closely resemble your FS/G model DA pull for every shot. The hammer is never fully cocked.

In my mind, the safety advantage of a Type C (or any DAO/LEM action) over a traditional DA/SA (i.e. FS or G) model is that the user does not have to remember to decock the pistol prior to holstering. There is one less control for the user to operate (no need for a decocker or hammer drop safety as there is nothing to decock) resulting in a simpler manual of arms to master. Arguably the greatest potential for a mishap with a DA/SA pistol is after the pistol has been fired and prior to holstering. If the user fails to decock the handgun, all that is mechanically preventing discharge is the short and light SA trigger press (quite possibly lighter and shorter than many of the striker-fired trigger pulls that have been maligned in this thread).

As far as the performance trade-off, a heavier trigger for every shot is a heavier trigger for every shot. A heavier trigger is harder to shoot accidentally; it is also harder to shoot as fast and accurately as a lighter trigger. Again, what are the user's priorities?

Much of this comes down to training. A DA/SA pistol, regardless of whether it is F or G type, is not inherently safer than a striker-fired design unless the user properly applies the safety device. I think a DA/SA pistol offers a great deal to the knowledgeable user willing to invest the time but it has drawbacks too. As I said earlier when I quoted Todd's parable on action types, they're all good, and they're all bad. Everything is a compromise.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-18-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just don't call it the little man in the boat.
    For sure that will get men killed in the streetz: not being able to find the trigger when they need to...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    [no-one-cares]Thanks to Rob @mentioning/tagging me in this thread (that has gone, predictably, full potato), I’ve disabled notifications on mentions — but only because I can’t completely disable the ability to tag/mention me.[/no-one-cares]
    Later.

I guess thanks for your input...[emoji849]

User Tag List