Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling safe with pistols that just have trigger safeties and not slide safeties.

You’d think the negligent discharge was patented by Glock ,for all the posts one may see on the matter. Fact is being safe with a firearm is a matter of training and mindset, not trigger configuration.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Feeling safe with pistols that just have trigger safeties and not slide safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You are aware I saw your first response?
    Here, or somewhere else??

I’m out, no time for internet snowflakes that think they are badasses. I’d love to see a forum plugin that flushed people down the memory hole once they hit a certain number of ignore list entries.
    But can’t you just let it go? You weren’t even the one who made the comment in the first place. That was somebody else. They don’t even appear to be bent out of shape over it at all like you seem to be yet you decided to take it upon yourself to start shaking my tree. Lol.

But don’t call me a snowflake just because I don’t appreciate being corrected over something stupid. Especially when two people come in here and pretty much backed up what I said about some manufacturers calling their safety triggers “trigger-safeties”...lol.

Yet you still butted in with your totally unnecessary post. Who’s the snowflake again??

But go right ahead and put me on ignore. I really don’t care. Seeing how you seem to treat some people makes me wonder how many people got you on ignore. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by corneileous; 09-18-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don’t care what a bunch of English as a second language foreigners call it, it’s function is as an inertia drop safety.

That terminology only encourages the “Glocks r stopid cuz they gots the safety on the trigger” booger eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Weeeeell, Glock calls it a trigger safety.

We knew what you meant though. Just for fun, call a magazine a "clip" and see what happens.

Attachment 42720
    I know right? I gotsta remember this trigger thingy term for the future!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t care what a bunch of English as a second language foreigners call it, it’s function is as an inertia drop safety.

That terminology only encourages the “Glocks r stopid cuz they gots the safety on the trigger” booger eaters.
    First of all, the proper technical term is "thingamabob".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Hack during a class: "Everything the Lugerheads know about pistol shooting they learned from shooting people in a ditch!" True story.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Hack during a class: "Everything the Lugerheads know about pistol shooting they learned from shooting people in a ditch!" True story.
    That's friggin' priceless.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One of ToddG's first posts on pistol-training.com...still relevant.

Actions in action
    25-Sep-07 – 09:33 by ToddG

One day a hundred or so years ago, a man built the first semiautomatic pistol. It was an ingenious thing, a gun that could load itself and fire many rounds from a single magazine. He made it so that one could have a short and light trigger which makes it easy to hit what one aims at.

Then someone said, whoa brother, something might touch the trigger when it’s not supposed to and fire the gun accidentally, for I cannot be bothered to learn the manual of arms. So the manual safety was created, so that there was a way to prevent one from using the short and light trigger except when absolutely intended.

Then someone said, whoa brother, sometimes I forget to take the safety off and I cannot fire my gun, for I cannot be bothered to learn the manual of arms. So the double action pistol was created, so that one could fire one’s pistol without dealing with a pesky safety while still having a reasonably hard time of making loud noises unintentionally.

Then someone said, whoa brother, it is hard to learn two different trigger pulls and often I forget to decock my pistol before holstering, for I cannot be bothered to learn the manual of arms. So the double action only was created, so that one could enjoy the safety of a long heavy trigger pull every time and thus avoid ventilating one’s own leg.

Then someone said, whoa brother, your trigger pull is too long and too heavy and I cannot hit anything I shoot at, for I cannot be bothered to learn the manual of arms. So the striker-fired pistol was created, so that one could have a short and light trigger which makes it easy to hit what one aims at.

Then someone said, whoa brother, something might touch the trigger when it’s not supposed to and fire the gun accidentally …

I've owned, carried, trained with, and competed with SAO, TDA, and SFA firearms. They're all good. They're all bad. I have developed some preferences over the years, but ultimately I am comfortable and proficient with all of these action types. Learning the nuances is part of the journey.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Plus the Euros are all degenerates and perverts. They covet any warm flesh.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    True, and I fully respect that but the fact still remains that some pistols require a whole lot more and are a lot easier to have a very painful oops moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I wouldn't say a whole lot more. Just because you have a thumb/trigger/manual safety, I still wouldn't recommend jamming your gun into your holster without looking.

One internet thread isn't going to change your mind anyway. If you feel better with a manual safety, just admit it and use a gun that has one. Nobody really cares. Unless it's an XD.

User Tag List