Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock getting stuck

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Did you try inserting the barrel muzzle first from the front of the slide? Does it go in all the way the the chamber and move freely?

Ooooh... kinky.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It is the barrel. More to follow...
    A71593

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    It is the barrel. More to follow...
    So here is a few pics of my Glock 26.

I've had this gun for a few years. Initially I got it to shoot sub-compact in GSSF matches. After awhile I decided to carry it conceal. I've shot it in a few matches and for GSSF practice. I would guess it has north of 2k rounds. It is stock with Dawson Sights and a - connector and skateboard tape.

I was shooting it last weekend and I while loading it the slide didn't sling shot forward. At first I suspected maybe the slide release lever spring broke. I held the lever done with my finger and sling shotted it harder, the slide went forward, and I kept on shooting. I later went to the bench and noticed the slide release lever was fine. Nothing stood out. I went home to try and diagnose the problem. I replaced, 1 at a time, almost every single part on the gun considering it could be the trigger, trigger housing, recoil spring, ejector etc. After changing everything but the locking block I came here....hesitant because every google search resulted in "slide release." Thank you @BigT who correctly guessed the barrel. I got my hands on another G26 and swapped barrels and mine would not slide move freely in that gun. The other barrel worked fine in my gun. I pulled out some calipers as you can see. (I guess I could have used calipers first but that wouldn't have been as fun).

From here I'll have to buy a new barrel. Because I shoot it in GSSF I'll have to get a factory barrel and I've already spotted some on Ebay.

How did this happen? I don't know. I don't recall any different recoil, strange shots. I've never had a squib, a double charge.

Name:  20190919_224327.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  20190919_224349.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  20190919_224414.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  20190919_224420.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  20190919_225140.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  20190919_225153.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  20190919_225218.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  20190919_225228.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  53.2 KB
    A71593

My guess is a squib that you didn’t notice that was subsequently shot out on the next round.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    So here is a few pics of my Glock 26.

I've had this gun for a few years. Initially I got it to shoot sub-compact in GSSF matches. After awhile I decided to carry it conceal. I've shot it in a few matches and for GSSF practice. I would guess it has north of 2k rounds. It is stock with Dawson Sights and a - connector and skateboard tape.

I was shooting it last weekend and I while loading it the slide didn't sling shot forward. At first I suspected maybe the slide release lever spring broke. I held the lever done with my finger and sling shotted it harder, the slide went forward, and I kept on shooting. I later went to the bench and noticed the slide release lever was fine. Nothing stood out. I went home to try and diagnose the problem. I replaced, 1 at a time, almost every single part on the gun considering it could be the trigger, trigger housing, recoil spring, ejector etc. After changing everything but the locking block I came here....hesitant because every google search resulted in "slide release." Thank you @BigT who correctly guessed the barrel. I got my hands on another G26 and swapped barrels and mine would not slide move freely in that gun. The other barrel worked fine in my gun. I pulled out some calipers as you can see. (I guess I could have used calipers first but that wouldn't have been as fun).

From here I'll have to buy a new barrel. Because I shoot it in GSSF I'll have to get a factory barrel and I've already spotted some on Ebay.

How did this happen? I don't know. I don't recall any different recoil, strange shots. I've never had a squib, a double charge.

Name:  20190919_224327.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  20190919_224349.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  53.1 KB

Name:  20190919_224414.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  32.0 KB

Name:  20190919_224420.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  20190919_225140.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  48.5 KB

Name:  20190919_225153.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  20190919_225218.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  20190919_225228.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  53.2 KB
    I would contact Glock before buying a new barrel. We have Glock folks lurking here and doing good deeds behind the scenes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would contact Glock before buying a new barrel. We have Glock folks lurking here and doing good deeds behind the scenes.
    +1
    Ken

That is scary! I've never seen that happen before. I've had a cpl squibs but luckily never pulled the trigger after it. Do you think the barrel could bulge like that if it got real hot and maybe something in the metallurgy of the barrel wasn't correct?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    That is scary! I've never seen that happen before. I've had a cpl squibs but luckily never pulled the trigger after it. Do you think the barrel could bulge like that if it got real hot and maybe something in the metallurgy of the barrel wasn't correct?
    The "real hot" required is way out of the realm of possibilities.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    You can warp a machine gun barrel without meaning to. To do it to a Glock would take malice aforethought, and still might not work.

Dude, that is just bizarre.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List