Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock getting stuck

I have no idea how it happened or when. I've never had a squib or a double charge. Most squibs you notice because the gun doesn't cycle properly. Often the bullet doesn't go far enough to allow the next round to chamber....and I'm pretty sure most time if you shoot a round with it obstructed by a bullet..you get a little more than a tiny bulge.
    A71593

Have you contacted Glock customer service yet? Definitely recommended!
    Last edited by FredWyn; 09-21-2019 at 07:59 AM.

The bulge is almost certainly from a barrel obstruction of some sort, but not necessarily from a bullet. I once examined a barrel that bulged from excess lube causing a pressure spike. I have also seen mud causing a pressure spike and bulge.

In any event, I second the suggestion to contact Glock for a couple of reasons: 1) Glock will check the entire pistol, replacing parts as needed, and 2) Glock is likely to offer you a better deal on a replacement barrel than you can find in the retail market or aftermarket.

I sent it off to Glock last week. I've never had the need to send a Glock back so it was a different experience. No return authorization number or anything. Just put it in a box and ship it in with a note. Says should take a couple weeks. I will provide updates.
    A71593

I've sent a G19 and a G26 back to Glock in the past couple years for updates and one frame replacement. Both times the firearm was returned a week, (to the day), later.

Their service exceeded my expectations. I hope you have the same experience.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Been following this. Any chance that you shot lead bullets and build-up caused a pressure spike? Spitballing here. Like the man said, weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Been following this. Any chance that you shot lead bullets and build-up caused a pressure spike? Spitballing here. Like the man said, weird...
    I shoot coated bullets. I have no idea...
    A71593

Just got off the phone with Glock. $125 for a new barrel. A little disappointed about that. Since I shoot it in GSSF I can't buy a KKM or something which is what I would have preferred to do if I had to replace the barrel.

I wont the gun from GSSF anyway so I guess I'm still money ahead.
    A71593

Site Supporter
    That bulge is almost certainly due to an obstruction, but I doubt it was a full bullet. I'd wonder if you didn't leave a patch or other cleaning device in there. Another possibility is that you had most of a low quality plated bullet leave its jacket behind in the bore. I've seen enough crappy plated bullet ammo breaking up in midflight and it's not any stretch for there to be a jacket (sheath?) left in the bore.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That bulge is almost certainly due to an obstruction, but I doubt it was a full bullet. I'd wonder if you didn't leave a patch or other cleaning device in there. Another possibility is that you had most of a low quality plated bullet leave its jacket behind in the bore. I've seen enough crappy plated bullet ammo breaking up in midflight and it's not any stretch for there to be a jacket (sheath?) left in the bore.
    Jacketing is where i'm leaning to as well. I've seen jacketing fly off as well and create a wad-type hole in a target. I thought my 92's barrel was key-holing after only 1500 rds. it was a bad run of ammo and the jackets were easily coming off.

can't remember that far back as to what the brand of ammo it was.

User Tag List