Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kel-tec PMR 30

Mike Pannone loves his for some specific tasks and I’ve seen some droning “fixes” posted online in regards to reliability.

That said I think the best application of the PMR 30 is somewhere between “recreational” and “shits ‘n giggles” and nowhere near anything serious.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Seems like a good concept but reports on the pistol itself seem to usually be unreliable.
    That’s kinda what I thought. Other than that Rock Armory 1911 look alike I mentioned with the 15 round magazine, there really isn’t anything else on the market like it, is there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not that I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Not that I am aware.
    That’s kind of what I figured. I don’t know, I might someday just buy me one anyway and try it out. You probably know as well as I do that a lot of times when there’s a problem with a certain product that it’s not always the product’s fault of why it might have a reliability issues. That guy I know that I mentioned who’s got one, I don’t think he’s had any problems with his. Or well, I don’t know if he has or not because I never asked him a whole lot about it at the time when he showed it to me because I haven’t really been interested in the one until not too long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

.22 Mag has historically been a difficult cartridge to use in automatics.
    It's relatively long, relatively high pressure, it has a rim, and it's a rimfire. All these factors make things a bit difficult to self load.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Note that Ruger couldn't get a 10/22 ish version to work in 22 mag, IIRC.

My uncle had one of those .22 mag Automags back in the day, and yep- pulsating ball of suck and fail.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List