Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-tec PMR 30

Kel-tec PMR 30

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...unds?a=1817654

Anybody got one? After seeing one that a buddy of mine has, I’m really interested in one. Thoughts?

I guess I don’t really have an exact need for one however, the guy I know that has one uses it for skunk patrol around his house. lol.

I found a rock island 22 mag that only has half the round capacity that is a 1911-style pistol but it’s approaching 500 bucks. Lol. That, and the Kel-Tec has a rail below the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an early one. Been back to Kel Tec once or twice. Barrel was replaced. Still won't shoot CCI Maxi Mag worth a darn. Does good with Winchester ammo. Haven't had it out of the safe in several years.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...unds?a=1817654

Anybody got one? After seeing one that a buddy of mine has, I’m really interested in one. Thoughts?

I guess I don’t really have an exact need for one however, the guy I know that has one uses it for skunk patrol around his house. lol.

I found a rock island 22 mag that only has half the round capacity that is a 1911-style pistol but it’s approaching 500 bucks. Lol. That, and the Kel-Tec has a rail below the slide.

Check this out.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-22mag-Fun-Gun!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I have an early one. Been back to Kel Tec once or twice. Barrel was replaced. Still won't shoot CCI Maxi Mag worth a darn. Does good with Winchester ammo. Haven't had it out of the safe in several years.
    Are those the only two ammo's you have tried?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Are those the only two ammo's you have tried?
    Thanks
    No. But one of the other rounds that shot well, BVAC 40 JHP, is no longer available. Fiocchi 40 JHP also shot better than CCI.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    We have a guy who shoots one as outlaw in IDPA, he can count on one jam per stage. I don't know what ammo he shoots. It is a fire breather and loud. Won't be one I'd get except as a fun gun. 22 mag handguns get quite dirty.

Not that I’m really considering it but how would something like this be for home defense?

Site Supporter
    1. One jam per 18 rounds in not acceptable. You don't want a casual user screwing around with james.
    2. A very loud blast and flame for a lower caliber round.

The positives might be the large mag capacity and lower recoil as seductive. If it were the lower recoil as a decider - I'd go for a standard 22 LR semi with a quality round. Or having the user try a quality 9mm polymer striker that fit their hand with less blast.

Not a gun I would select. As mentioned a few times, sometime like a SW Model 10 with wadcutters for the nonenthusiast. Anybody at the usual level of P-F is much better served with other guns.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I just posted in another thread that I shot one a few weeks ago. Up until right that moment I forgot the PMR-30 even existed.

I don't know what kind of ammo it had but was hitting steel at 25 yds. No jams but I only went through two mags.

30 rounds of pretty light recoil is just plain fun. While it could work in a pinch, I wouldn't consider it for any HD/SD use. I can't really say it's good at anything in particular, it's a gun you get just to have. But like I said in the other thread, it's fun to shoot and sometimes that's a good enough reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    We have a guy who shoots one as outlaw in IDPA, he can count on one jam per stage. I don't know what ammo he shoots. It is a fire breather and loud. Won't be one I'd get except as a fun gun. 22 mag handguns get quite dirty.
    Seems like a good concept but reports on the pistol itself seem to usually be unreliable.

User Tag List