Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Badass of the Week: SAS

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You say that like he should be proud of those split times. An average USPSA shooter would have mowed them down faster.

We're just having fun with it of course and two/three may have been down in 2.0 flat and then the others but there's also an opening to observe the difference of shooting at assessment speed in context vs drills and competition.

Assessment is a big deal among elite troops; the most highly professional are tasked with being extremely careful about killing the right people and not the wrong people.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Assessment is a big deal among elite troops; the most highly professional are tasked with being extremely careful about killing the right people and not the wrong people.
    Yeah I don't give two shits what weapon he was using and his peers can assess his shooting proficiency. That was badass no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Damn...if this incident doesn't get referred to as the "Baghdad plate rack" I'll be very disappoint

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I called it the Sir John Wickenshire - Because I assume that John Wick is actually based on our mystery SAS Officer.

Name:  SirJohnWickenshire.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  78.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Damn...if this incident doesn't get referred to as the "Baghdad plate rack" I'll be very disappoint

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Guess what drill we're doing next time me and the guys go shooting!
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Guess what drill we're doing next time me and the guys go shooting!
    If you wanna have some real fun - attach some tannerite to the targets to pump up the stakes.

Don't miss or pop goes the weasel.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-18-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If you wanna have some real fun - attach some tannerite to the targets to pump up the stakes.

Don't miss or pop goes the weasel.
    I like the cut of your jib, sir.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Don't be too hard on him... the targets didn't know the drill and slowed him down.
    There's always ten percent that don't get the word.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    We're just having fun with it of course and two/three may have been down in 2.0 flat and then the others but there's also an opening to observe the difference of shooting at assessment speed in context vs drills and competition.

I lean toward the time being journalistic license. He may have shot five guys in three seconds, or two minutes. Doesn't really matter, it's a good day out either way.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Twenty-seven posts and two news articles and no-one has referred to the SAS as "the Regiment?"

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Twenty-seven posts and two news articles and no-one has referred to the SAS as "the Regiment?"
    The real question to ask is...does our mystery officer know what color the boat house is at Hereford?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The real question to ask is...does our mystery officer know what color the boat house is at Hereford?
    This, no shit, is a picture titled Hereford, Boathouse on the River 1925

Name:  boathouse at herford.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  41.9 KB

User Tag List