Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Benelli M4 love (SAS)

I'm fond of my M4.

Name:  M4 SBS.jpg
Views: 3309
Size:  98.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I wouldn't want to breach with a full sized auto and then enter with that gun as my primary. Sometimes you need multiple shots for locks and hinges.
    Solved by running a full sized gun with a 6-8 round mag tube. Breachers are in a really bad spot the minute the door opens when they shotgun breach. A lot of teams are using pistol gripped shortys with 4 rounds in them and no sights which makes for a dicey situation if you have a positive breach and bad guys are just inside the door. Good frangible Breaching rounds are actually minute of head across a room and behave like a slug at short ranges. Plus it cuts down on all the shit a breacher is carrying which with demo/manual tools it gets silly.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Solved by running a full sized gun with a 6-8 round mag tube. Breachers are in a really bad spot the minute the door opens when they shotgun breach. A lot of teams are using pistol gripped shortys with 4 rounds in them and no sights which makes for a dicey situation if you have a positive breach and bad guys are just inside the door. Good frangible Breaching rounds are actually minute of head across a room and behave like a slug at short ranges. Plus it cuts down on all the shit a breacher is carrying which with demo/manual tools it gets silly.
    If I was carrying a shotgun to primarily breach with I'd rather have a 4rd pgo gun. When I used my benelli to breach I would either pull rear security after or reload while I was the last man in. We typically used vehicles or explosives to breach instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's why my M4 has one of these screwed in the end.

Attachment 42661
    Is there a brand recommended for these cylinder chokes? Just got a new M4 and don’t know much about shotguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The art and copy of the original news story shows how far the British Empire has sunk in terms of understanding of arms. The photos were of a Benelli Nova Pump and they called the M4 a pump!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    The art and copy of the original news story shows how far the British Empire has sunk in terms of understanding of arms. The photos were of a Benelli Nova Pump and they called the M4 a pump!
    The British Empire died a long time ago, what you're seeing is tabloid journalism which has the same lack of quality anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Is there a brand recommended for these cylinder chokes? Just got a new M4 and don’t know much about shotguns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just picked out the cheapest steel external cylinder bore choke for the Benelli M4 thread pattern that Brownells sells.
    To me the external choke is more of a muzzle/thread protector than a choke (since I went with cylinder bore) so high quality for the best choked pattern wasn't a priority.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

A shotgun can certainly do the job, within its performance envelope. Most justifiable self-defense, in my environment, happens within effective shotgun range. This was true as a night shift patrol officer, with Houston PD, and is true in my retirement. I used a pump gun for most of my career, but used an HK-era Benelli M1 Super 90 for a while in the Nineties, and finished my career with a Benelli M2. Had I known how sweet the Comfort Tech stock would be, I would have switched to an M2 much sooner.

The Benelli M4 was not on the approved list, when I was with HPD, but I may add one, now that I am retired. I appreciate the lightness of the M2 as a field/forest gun, but weight is less relevant for home/vehicle defense.

My wife worked for the Harris County M.E. For 21 years, as a Death Scene Investigator. Death Scene, not morgue. Blood spatter evidence is a science, so a death scene investigator knows how far, and how fast, the decedent moved, after being shot. Harris County is the third most-populous county in the USA. My wife likes 00 buckshot in her defensive shotgun.

To drift off-topic a bit, she was impressed with the one-shot, stop-right-there, dead-right-there performance of Speer Short Barrel Gold Dot 135-grain .357 Magnum, diagonally through the torso. (Yes, this is an anecdote, not data, and, a sample of only one.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    I wouldn't expect more from the majority of journalists , including those in the us. Most seem to wear their lack of firearms knowledge like a badge of honour.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Modified or Light-Modified choke + Non-FC buckshot = FC like shot patterns out to ~20y or so.

Sometimes I think we need to remember, that a lot of bad guys were killed with plain old buckshot fired from shotguns long-before Flitecontrol existed.

Flite-Control is really good at making cylinder-bore barrels perform with buckshot like a choked barrel does with buckshot. A choked barrel is really good at doing the same thing...
    Ive owned a lot of combat shotguns. I had one ammo and choke combo that would compete with flite control. One. Flite control out of a cyl bore always delivers, though.

User Tag List