Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 3032

Beretta 3032

I'm putting serious thought into getting one for deep concealment. Was wondering what the consensus is on these little guns........I heard years ago that they cant be dry fired, is that still the case?

That looks like a really nice little quality pistol made from Beretta but as far as not dry firing it, I did a Google search on it and the only thing really that I found in that short amount of time was a article from way back around 2011 that said not to dry fire it but since they make snap caps I’m almost every caliber- here’s some on amazon; I don’t generally like dry firing my guns anyway regardless if they’re dry fire safe or not.

A-ZOOM 32 Auto Precision Snap Caps (5 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IEK5EC..._B06FDbXCKZ420

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are 2 versions. The older blued ones that the frames can crack with frequent use. There is also the newer stainless ones that are more robust. Side by side you can tell the difference. I picked up both recently. Both are small but the newer one is chunky for carry. It’s almost as big as a .380.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CWM11B
    I had one of the first ones years ago. 'Twas a bit chunky, wouldn't feed anything, including ball, except for Winchester 60gr Silvertips. In about 500 rounds of trying to find something it would run, the slide rails became quite deformed and I considered it a POS. I sold it at a gun show to a dealer with full disclosure of my troubles. He said he didnt care, it would sell. It was the new hotness at the time.

I considered a newer one recently after hearing they were more solidly built now. I consulted with a friend who is intimately knowledgeable about the product line, and he advised not to shoot it much if I got one. Today, I can get an M&P Shield and a Blue label G43 for half the cost. Mags and holsters are plentiful for those two, are inarguably better in the terminal ballistics department, and pocket conceal just as easily if not better than the Tomcat. A G42 would seem to fill its niche even better. The same arguments can pretty much be made for J frame or similar sized snubs. Recoil sensitivity and ease of loading for aging or arthritic hands may be the only arguments in favor of it over any of the aforementioned (except, of course, if you just want this particular gun for your carry piece). If I got a great deal on one and was in the mood, I might grab it "just because", but it would gave to be a REALLY great deal.

Well...the older one was $150 and the stainless one was $300. So, yeah, they came home with me. I don’t know about paying full price on them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWM11B
    I'd have been tempted on the stainless, would have passed on the other, but I had a negative experience. My LGS has a new stainless for like 525.00. Hard pass there. They are cool little pistols, and I really wanted to like mine

@MrInox,

If deep concealment is the name of the game, the Tomcat ain't the answer. It's chunkier than anything else in its size class.

When I was playing that micro-pistol game, I ended up settling on the Micro Eagle. It's a highly underrated pistol that, for whatever reason, never caught on in the American market while complete craptastic shitboxes did.

For that micro-pistol deep concealment role I think the LCP would probably be the best option these days unless you feel like gambling and buying 10 Kahr P380s to try and get 1 that actually works. In addition, the obvious caveat: if you can fit a more capable pistol in whatever deep concealment method you settle on, do so: G42, G43, P365, Kahr PM9 all being slightly bigger than the true micro pistols but still small enough for most people.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The LCP isn't all that bigger than my FN 1906 .25acp, is a whole lot lighter, cost a lot less, and shoots a bigger BB.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I bought a Tomcat in 96 or 97. It was my gun for when my steel framed P14-45 couldn’t be hidden. I usually wore it when running. Of course back then we didn’t have all the tiny choices we do now. I considered a Colt Mustang but the Tomcat was smaller and the .32acp was reported as performing better than it should have in actual usage. Kind of like how they say a bumblebee can’t fly, but nobody told it.

I was able to get Silvertips and Gold Dots to run without issue. I don’t think it’s come out of the safe in a decade. These days I use a snubby or G43 as my pocket rocket.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-16-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    I'm putting serious thought into getting one for deep concealment. Was wondering what the consensus is on these little guns........I heard years ago that they cant be dry fired, is that still the case?
    I wouldn't. It is too heavy and fat for a .32. My old Kel-Tec P32 is a better carry. I think a G42 would be better too. Below is my Beretta 21A, 3032 and PPK/S for comparison.

Name:  Beretta and Walther.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  38.1 KB

User Tag List