Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Standard Revolver

Banned

High Standard Revolver

I have a High Standard Double Nine 22 revolver that I love to shoot. It was made in 1965 and shoots great. It is double action but the double action trigger is so heavy that I don't shoot it at all. But single action trigger is great to shoot. It has one chipped grip that I would love to find an original to replace it but original parts are very hard to find.

Not the originals but these are pretty nice, mine wears a pair of immitation bone grips since my originals fell apart years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    I have a High Standard Double Nine 22 revolver that I love to shoot. It was made in 1965 and shoots great. It is double action but the double action trigger is so heavy that I don't shoot it at all. But single action trigger is great to shoot. It has one chipped grip that I would love to find an original to replace it but original parts are very hard to find.
    I see parts for them now and then online. If i see some again Ill let you know.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    My wife’s uncle won this Double Nine on a punch board game in the early ‘60s.
    I have used it since his passing to start a few folks handgun shooting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    My wife’s uncle won this Double Nine on a punch board game in the early ‘60s.
    I have used it since his passing to start a few folks handgun shooting.

Hmmmm... Had to double check the safe!

Name:  HS.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  28.6 KB

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Banned
    That looks exactly like the one I have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Not the originals but these are pretty nice, mine wears a pair of immitation bone grips since my originals fell apart years ago.
    fatdog, yes and I actually bought a pair of those from NC Ordnance and had to send them back. I did not read close enough when I ordered that they do not fit the W-104 gun, and mine is a W-104.

Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Hmmmm... Had to double check the safe!

Name:  HS.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  28.6 KB

Here is a picture of mine

Name:  IMG_1275.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  32.0 KB

Looks like twin brothers !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HJB; 09-17-2019 at 09:49 AM.

That old gun brings back a recollection (mid 70's) of a hunting buddy that used one of those chambered in .22 Magnum to pick a fight with a 250 lb wild hog. After the first shot, it turned into a run and then stand you ground affair that lasted quite a few minutes (involving at least some reloading) before he finally put a bullet where it would do some good. When he recounted the story to me, he said he wasn't sure he was going to get it done before his ammo ran out or the hog became really irritated with being shot repeatedly.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

High Standard Revolver

My dad used to say he had one of those once but traded it to have a custom Mauser sporter built.

Said he always regretted it.
    Last edited by jtcarm; 09-21-2019 at 01:24 PM.

User Tag List