Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    So if ''one'' engaged in OC is a threat, ''many'' engaged in the same behavior are not?

If I observe behavior that could be described as "alarming", then I'd just as soon have it be only one person rather than a large group.

From the looks of the picture provided in the article, it looks like most of the people surrounding the two people pictured have taken the latter position of "look at those idiots".

Faced with something like this (it is certainly not the way that I'd ever OC) and I sensed something truly wrong, I would leave first, then if that concerned contact local LE and get their input on it.
    Yes because "look at these idiots" is a good thing.
    Thats the on photo. We do not know what has happened before that. They at least had the presence of mind to warn the police, so said police didn't immediately shoot them.

Site Supporter
    Oh, does the "majority" (whatever the Hell that is supposed to be) on this forum have some sort of special legislative/moral authority that I was not made aware of?
    How about reasonable expertise in a variety of professions, fields and disciplines that enables to one to evaluate the PR utility of OC, the tactical utility of OC, the risk of seeing someone stroll with a long arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The OC folks in TX managed to produce the ever increasing number of 30.07 signs with some associated 30.06s. Not too much successful behavior therapy there.

I have suggested that OC folks also promote their rights to wear nothing but a flesh colored thong (as a guy did here for grins). I suggest they do that in the public library parking lot where loads of school children leave their buses for the associated park and playground (along with library events).

Please extinguish their fear of guns and lard ass human bodies. Fat shaming is a problem as seen by the controversy surrounding Bill Maher's comments on fat. Thus, kill two birds with one stone. No long afraid of guns and fat, these kids will be psychological health.

Now since I use that library a good deal, what should I do when AR-15 lardball in a thong gets off by the school bus. Call the law or shout Hurray for the RKBA and the Right to Keep a Bare Ass!
    Beto? Is that you?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How about reasonable expertise in a variety of professions, fields and disciplines that enables to one to evaluate the PR utility of OC, the tactical utility of OC, the risk of seeing someone stroll with a long arm?
    Neat. An appeal to authority.

Still a logical fallacy, Glenn.

Nice try.

Perhaps you can convene a board and press on from there.🙄
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-16-2019 at 12:58 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    They at least had the presence of mind to warn the police, so said police didn't immediately shoot them.
    That is unfortunate for the gene pool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Beto? Is that you?
    If banning flesh colored thongs makes you Beto, call me Beto...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Beto? Is that you?
    Seriously, if you're just going to ad hominem don't cry about logical fallacies. Would you like to actually address the experiences in Texas or just toss up your purity test?

Neat. An appeal to authority.

Still a logical fallacy, Glenn.

Nice try.

Perhaps you can convene a board and press on from there.🙄
    Appeal to authority =/= recognizing expertise or deferring to authority or experience.

Nobody here is the enemy. Remember that and let's try to keep PF to a higher standard.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Oh, does the "majority" (whatever the Hell that is supposed to be) on this forum have some sort of special legislative/moral authority that I was not made aware of?
    Umm, no.
    I was just thinking we are a great test market for that theme.
    If you can't sell it here, I doubt you can sell it anywhere.

Your post sounds like you are upset?
    I apologize if I triggered you in any way.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Move this thread back to civility, please.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Move this thread back to civility, please.
    Thanks LL. My ignore list had a growth spurt.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

User Tag List