Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Seriously, if you're just going to ad hominem don't cry about logical fallacies. Would you like to actually address the experiences in Texas or just toss up your purity test?
    The thread topic was about OC at a farmer's market, not the "Texas experiences". If you want to re-title the thread to be more accurate in its description of topic; fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Appeal to authority =/= recognizing expertise or deferring to authority or experience.

Nobody here is the enemy. Remember that and let's try to keep PF to a higher standard.
    I'd be happy to assume that I, too, am included in the "Nobody here is the enemy" statement, but could do without the sanctimony.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Move this thread back to civility, please.
    OK, LL. OC seems to be ''touchy'' for some here, so I'll leave it at that.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    ―however, having a "hissy fit" when you get "triggered" by seeing something that you dislike or disagree with solves nothing.
    Well, I wasn't having a hissy fit, and I didn't think my post came off as triggered.

I wrote:

"For the Open Carry advocates on the forum: How many people were normalized to guns that day?"

Ever since I've been on this forum I've had a history of being abrasive and holding no punches. I assure you, as can the rest of the forum that has known me since the beginning that this is not what my posts look like when I'm triggered. If that question comes off as having a hissy fit or triggered to you, you might be projecting and want to do some reflection about the statement you made in the above quotation.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

OK, LL. OC seems to be ''touchy'' for some here, so I'll leave it at that.
    Ain’t no doubt about that. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by corneileous; 09-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Oh, does the "majority" (whatever the Hell that is supposed to be) on this forum have some sort of special legislative/moral authority that I was not made aware of?
    Not at all. However, when people who carry personally and professionally on a daily basis explain that the message is not being received as intended, one might want to reevaluate the delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Umm, no.
    I was just thinking we are a great test market for that theme.
    Bingo. I hesitate to admit this, but when I see an open carry advocate in a public place, a small part of me begins to agree with the elitist antis. Not everyone should have a gun, and by doing unsmart things in public with a long gun or handgun, one could see how the message could be ill received.
    Taking a break from social media.

Nobody ever went vegetarian after having a PETA-tard throw blood all over their leather coat.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I am going to go ahead acknowledge that I am about to pose a suggestion/question that, in all likelihood, is a bad idea.

So, if any of ya’ll found yourself there at the farmer’s market when this fool shows up, is there any prospect of perhaps talking to him and trying to get him/them to understand why doing what they are doing undermines the very thing that they purport to be trying to accomplish? And if you were to undertake this Quixotic quest, how would you approach that conversation? Serious question. As distasteful and frustrating of a conversation that this would be, at the end of the day he is undermining *our* rights and how *we* are viewed by the non-shooting public. And this one tac-tard act is going to leave an impression on far more many voters than all of the responsible gun-owning activities of everyone on this board combined.

So, what you try to talk to this guy to get him to stop? And if so, what would you say?

"Next thing you know, folks won't like mullets."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The thread topic was about OC at a farmer's market, not the "Texas experiences".
    Then you're missing the point in that what happened in TX is instructive and parallels can be drawn.

OC guys do what they are doing in this farmer's market. The article states "City leaders say there’s a legislative package...city feels are common-sense gun regulations." A bit of research shows at least two cities are trying to overturn the state's preemption of local firearms ordinances so they can ban carry in city buildings, parks, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I am going to go ahead acknowledge that I am about to pose a suggestion/question that, in all likelihood, is a bad idea.

So, if any of ya’ll found yourself there at the farmer’s market when this fool shows up, is there any prospect of perhaps talking to him and trying to get him/them to understand why doing what they are doing undermines the very thing that they purport to be trying to accomplish? And if you were to undertake this Quixotic quest, how would you approach that conversation? Serious question. As distasteful and frustrating of a conversation that this would be, at the end of the day he is undermining *our* rights and how *we* are viewed by the non-shooting public. And this one tac-tard act is going to leave an impression on far more many voters than all of the responsible gun-owning activities of everyone on this board combined.

So, what you try to talk to this guy to get him to stop? And if so, what would you say?
    Any attempt I have ever made with an open carry advocate has been an abject failure. Zealotry and emotion has been what I have received in return, basically the inverse of the ban and confiscate crowd.

There is zero chance I would try to talk to people that are grouped up and actively OCing at the public.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

User Tag List