Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    What blows my mind is when the Sovereign Citizens start talking about "This is the fifth time this month they broke my window." You would think the second or third time they had to replace the window they'd figure it out.
    He's obviously a rookie...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The citizens of Athens, Tennessee circa 1946? Rooftop Korean-Americans circa 1992? @GJM flying his bush plane or @Malamute living his best life in the mountains? All perfect examples of why open carry needs to be a right, and I think everyone here is onboard with that.

The "Open Carry Movement"? Not a good example of why it needs to be a right.

In the end, regardless of whether one thinks OC activists are attention whoring retards or "genuine", reason demands that we look at the impact that open carry activism has. This is the reason I asked my previous question, how many people were "normalized" to guns that day?

I wish there was a way to stop the one without infringing on the other.

I think I read it here but Open Carry Texas intends to protest Walmart's (and other retailers) decision by open carrying in their stores. I suspect that Walmart will respond by posting all of their stores against all carry

What blows my mind is when the Sovereign Citizens start talking about "This is the fifth time this month they broke my window." You would think the second or third time they had to replace the window they'd figure it out.
    http://jokes.cc.com/funny-animal/m2rtxg/the-bear-hunter

LEO: "You're not in this for 'travelling' in your car, are you?"

I'm guessing they're defenestration fetishists?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Well, that's the danger of liberty; some old dead dude with cool glasses said something about that back in the 18th century.

I wish we had a collective answer on how to keep the OC movement people from having our rights curtailed.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He's obviously a rookie...

I gotta step my game up on the "protection from mind control" thing.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    There are genuine OCers out there; thanks for acknowledging that. Not all of them are "stupid", "retards" or "attention whores".

Nice to see that there are some here who see it as necessary right (appreciated your post #91 LL!) and can refrain from name-calling because they dislike the right (or law) or see it as some sort of an ''evil''.
    It was sarcasm, my apologies for not being more clear about that.

I think I read it here but Open Carry Texas intends to protest Walmart's (and other retailers) decision by open carrying in their stores. I suspect that Walmart will respond by posting all of their stores against all carry
    What’s interesting in Texas, is where did they all go? They were like a raging case of the herpes. Now that open carry is a real thing, I’ve had to deal with one in two years. That’s some real commitment to the cause of open carry, once it’s legal, hardly anyone does it. Just in case anyone was wondering the commitment thing was sarcasm, since it’s pretty clear that once the hyper-confrontational brats lost the umbrella of the OC, they just moved on and torpedoed someone else’s movement.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

For far too many people trying to be outrageous, it is never the cause they profess to be fighting for- it's all about the outrage.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    What’s interesting in Texas, is where did they all go? They were like a raging case of the herpes. Now that open carry is a real thing, I’ve had to deal with one in two years. That’s some real commitment to the cause of open carry, once it’s legal, hardly anyone does it. Just in case anyone was wondering the commitment thing was sarcasm, since it’s pretty clear that once the hyper-confrontational brats lost the umbrella of the OC, they just moved on and torpedoed someone else’s movement.
    The key to this is you now have OC that is legal withan LTC (License To Carry).

The requirements to obtain an LTC, which allows both open and concealed carry, are the same as the prior CHL (Concealed Handgun License).

IME many (most?) of the OCT people had misdemeanor criminal history which did not make them prohibited persons but did bar them from obtaining a CHL / LTC.

The OCT people thought they were going to get unrestricted / constitutional open carry but they were such assholes to the legislators including the pro-gun legislators they convinced them that people like them shouldn’t be carrying guns in public.. And Viola.... licensed open carry was born.

They also spawned a massive spike in places barring OC via 30.07 signs. I see 10 or more 30.07 signs for every 30.06 sign barring concealed carry.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-17-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    For far too many people trying to be outrageous, it is never the cause they profess to be fighting for- it's all about the outrage.
    And social media posers.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    It was sarcasm, my apologies for not being more clear about that.
    I'll assume that to be the case for all of your future content pending an appropriate disclaimer.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List