Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

You (generalizing here, not pointing fingers) want to OC because it's too hot? You're a pussy. Yes, that's what I said....you.....are....a....pussy.

I just got home and it's 92 degrees today, with 75% humidity. This hasn't actually been a terribly hot summer for Kansas, although it's lasting a bit longer than usual. I've spent time outdoors when it was 100 degrees in the shade, wearing what I did today: a pair of cotton trousers an untucked lightweight shirt, with a pair of Van's. I wasn't any more, or less, comfortable than I would have been wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. Perhaps more so, since I didn't have the sun beating down on large portions of my exposed skin. My carry gun? A Beretta 92, as it has been for the last five years, 365. Carried IWB in other areas of the country that make this place look like Alaska in February.

Glen's right, there's no way to be comfortable in high summer no matter what you wear. OCing your gatt isn't going to improve your comfort level. In truth, carrying a gun isn't comfortable, period. After doing it for thirty years and in all manners of carry, all I can say is this: it's a general pain in the ass. If comfort is your primary concern, forget OC, IWB or any other carry method. Just leave the gun at home and invest in Gold Bond powder and Egyptian cotton underwear with a thousand thread count. That will be of more benefit to the collective than having one more OCing d-bag out there.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No idea what you are referring to here. Clarify, please? Not sure if snark, humor, a combination of both, some inside joke here on the P-F that I missed...
    YouTube LE guy. Has a game called "sovereign citizen bingo."

I haven't watched him much. I watch "Mike the Cop." Or any video with LE dealing with sovereign citizens in a violent manner (after they have exhausted all non-violent options, naturally).
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    (generalizing here, not pointing fingers)
    Sure you are. (pointing fingers) Bet you're lots of fun to be around, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You (generalizing here, not pointing fingers) want to OC because it's too hot? You're a pussy. Yes, that's what I said....you.....are....a....pussy.

I just got home and it's 92 degrees today, with 75% humidity. This hasn't actually been a terribly hot summer for Kansas, although it's lasting a bit longer than usual. I've spent time outdoors when it was 100 degrees in the shade, wearing what I did today: a pair of cotton trousers an untucked lightweight shirt, with a pair of Van's. I wasn't any more, or less, comfortable than I would have been wearing cargo shorts and a t-shirt. Perhaps more so, since I didn't have the sun beating down on large portions of my exposed skin. My carry gun? A Beretta 92, as it has been for the last five years, 365. Carried IWB in other areas of the country that make this place look like Alaska in February.
    Chest-thumping and (not very inventive) name-calling? Well, that's just another example of the lowest common denominator when you can't engage in a mature, intelligent debate.

Let's try to keep it civil here, shall we?
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-17-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    YouTube LE guy. Has a game called "sovereign citizen bingo."

I haven't watched him much. I watch "Mike the Cop." Or any video with LE dealing with sovereign citizens in a violent manner (after they have exhausted all non-violent options, naturally).
    Thanks, Baldanders, I'll have to look that one up, too.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Thanks, Baldanders, I'll have to look that one up, too.
    They can be quite humorous. The Sovereign Citizen ones seem to go from a simple traffic ticket / hey your lights out to a major ordeal that leads to their arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    They can be quite humorous. The Sovereign Citizen ones seem to go from a simple traffic ticket / hey your lights out to a major ordeal that leads to their arrest.
    Less is Moor.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    For those who are in Arizona following this thread and have considered open carry of a handgun but have refrained due to social apprehensions, please know that our state 2A organization, the AzCDL, will be having its annual meeting of members in Tucson (alternates each year with Phoenix) this October. It will be their 14th meeting, and as with all previous ones there is an opportunity to enjoy the company of like-minded folks in a hotel dining hall while engaging in tasteful open carry of holstered handguns.

Your luncheon entree selections are:

Grilled flank steak with chimichurri, roasted sweet potatoes and grilled squash
    Herb chicken, horseradish roasted potatoes, asparagus, wild mushrooms, cabernet reduction
    Vegetarian Manicotti Romano with asiago sauce and fresh basil.

Don't forget other fun bits like LE shattering a car window to pull surprised non-compliant dipshit from car, Miss Sovereign Citizen with the most annoying voice in the universe tries to school LE on fictional law while they stuff Mr. Sovereign Citizen into the back of a squad car......even better is the video where LE basically say "look, you can ramble on with your pseudolaw all day, I could care less, but if you try to pull off in this car wihout plates we will arrest you so fast you won't know what happened---oh, you want my supervisor? Sure thing." (20 min later--supervisor shows up.) "Hello idiot. We will arrest your ignorant ass if you move your car an inch. No, I'm not listening to your crap. I repeat, move the car and we arrest you. Have a nice day."

On a more serious note I would avoid the LE training video on dealing with sovereign citizens (I think it's from Texas) that's up on YouTube unless you feel like making your blood boil--especially if you are former or current LE. It has some rather disturbing dashcam footage of a traffic stop gone south and it's narrated by the father of one of the officers involved.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Banned
    What blows my mind is when the Sovereign Citizens start talking about "This is the fifth time this month they broke my window." You would think the second or third time they had to replace the window they'd figure it out.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    There's a crosswalk here in town that's in the middle of a long 45mph street.
    Traffic is required by law to yield to the pedestrian as soon as they enter the crosswalk.
    I could probably get away with just strolling out into traffic on a bright sunny day (people might shake their head if I didn't exercise caution).
    If I dressed up in all black and did it at 2am I'd get splatted within 2 or 3 steps from the curb and everybody would rightfully call me an idiot.
    Both times I would be 100% in the clear legally.
    Only one of those times would I have a good chance at surviving the encounter.
    Dead right is still dead.

Open carry a holstered handgun in public and you might have a few people shake their heads.
    Carry a rifle at the ready in public and not only are people going to call me an idiot, but I might end up splatted.
    100% legal... but dead right is still dead.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should...
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List