Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    As far as dress and sweat, wah, wah. 99 Degrees here today - concealed a Glock 9 and extra mag.
    Fortunately, I do not have to answer to you as for what I require/want.

Do as you want. I'll do the same.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-17-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No idea what you are referring to here. Clarify, please? Not sure if snark, humor, a combination of both, some inside joke here on the P-F that I missed...
    Use your search bar.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Use your search bar.
    I have better ways to spend/waste my time.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    My point is that I repeatedly see some folks in many venues saying that they cannot comfortably carry conceal because of some factor as heat or body type. I just find that to be nonsensical. I ask no one to answer to me. However, I do comment on statements that have little validity.

You can't do anything comfortably at 103 degrees outside anyway. Go outside stark naked with just a 1911 strapped around your waist - that would still suck for thermal comfort. Put on the sun screen. Every once in awhile, someone forgets it at a match and is incinerated. A national trainer came here for a class and didn't pay attention. He would pass as a Red Lobster.

I took a class awhile ago and somehow missed a band around my off hand wrist. Came home and that band was glowing. Ouch!!

If you want to OC as it is your right, go ahead, if legal. Justifications based on some supposed practical reason are hard to find outside of law enforcement or similarly employed agents with lethal force responsibilities.

Yeah, I have OC'ed walking to the deer blinds and around the area on private lands. So what.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No idea what you are referring to here. Clarify, please? Not sure if snark, humor, a combination of both, some inside joke here on the P-F that I missed...
    Doughnut operator is a former SWAT cop turned satirical youRube/social media personality.

One of his satirical formats is themed bingo cards. For example cop hater bingo:

Name:  65AF68EA-67EC-4F05-ACD7-54D2A5807F2C.jpeg
Views: 451
Size:  54.1 KB

My point is that I repeatedly see some folks in many venues saying that they cannot comfortably carry conceal because of some factor as heat or body type. I just find that to be nonsensical. I ask no one to answer to me. However, I do comment on statements that have little validity.
    My personal comfort/physical requirements are simply not a matter requiring your validation, assent, or approval. You do you. I'll take care of being me.

Is there a point to this or is this a PSA for preventing skin cancer?

You can't do anything comfortably at 103 degrees outside anyway. Go outside stark naked with just a 1911 strapped around your waist - that would still suck for thermal comfort. Put on the sun screen. Every once in awhile, someone forgets it at a match and is incinerated. A national trainer came here for a class and didn't pay attention. He would pass as a Red Lobster. I took a class awhile ago and somehow missed a band around my off hand wrist. Came home and that band was glowing. Ouch!!

If you want to OC as it is your right, go ahead, if legal.
    Thanks for your permission, but I've done just fine so far without it.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Doughnut operator is a former SWAT cop turned satirical youRube/social media personality.

One of his satirical formats is themed bingo cards. For example cop hater bingo:

Oh, wow, that is priceless!

Sorry that I missed that. Thanks for the image, HCM. Still laughing as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Wo wo wo. The Honda / Toyota stickie represents maybe the most number of vehicles acquired in the last 20 years there.
    Also they are made in Texas and Tennessee so nuts to that!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Wo wo wo. The Honda / Toyota stickie represents maybe the most number of vehicles acquired in the last 20 years there.
    Also they are made in Texas and Tennessee so nuts to that!
    Yeah I would personally say, Honda Civic, Buick and Oldsmobile.

Double points if you find crown air fresheners and/or velvet Crown Royal bags in said vehicles.

Here is a summary of the gun bills introduced just last week. Most anti, as you would expect.
    Few if any will pass... this time. But it lets us know how Those People are thinking.

"Well folks the bills are rolling in again for the fall sessions and man oh man are there some doozies. Missouri people, take the time to read the nonsense coming out of your state capital/"

FL

H0117 would require anyone applying for a concealed carry license to undergo a psychological evaluation

H6009 would repeal state preemption of guns laws (allowing local governments to enact their own laws)

S0094 is a universal background check bill

S0134 would repeal state preemption of guns laws (allowing local governments to enact their own laws)

S0266 would require all firearms to be locked up in a home where 16 year old and younger children live

S0270 is a universal background check bill

MN

HF3 would make anyone convicted of harassment a prohibited person

SF8 would make anyone convicted of harassment a prohibited person

MO

HB10 would require any firearm other than a carry gun that is transported in a vehicle to be broken down and stored in a locked box or the trunk

HB11 is a universal background check bill and a firearm registry bill. Not only would all sales have to go through a gun dealer but within a year of taking effect every gun owner would be required to get a certificate for each gun they own

HB14 would make it illegal to conceal carry in a public library

HB18 would require gun dealers to verify the age of anyone buying a firearm, ammunition, or a firearm accessory

HB19 would create extreme risk protection orders and gun seizure warrants

HB2 would raise the age to buy an 'assault weapon' to 21

HB20 would make anyone on the terrorist watch list' or anyone that is associated with any group, whether organized or not, that participates in terrorist activities

HB23 is a universal background check bill

HB24 is an 'assault weapon' and high capacity magazine ban bill

HB25 would fine gun businesses that sell any magazine that can hold more then 10 rounds $100 per magazine sold

HB26 would literally outlaw the ownership of magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds with no grandfather clause

HB28 would create a mandatory firearm registry

HB3 would create extreme risk protection orders

HB4 would use taxpayer money to do a study on gun violence

HB5 would create extreme risk protection orders

HB6 would make it a crime to store a firearm where a child may access it

HB7 would require all ammunition sales to go through a licensed dealer

HB9 would repeal state preemption of local firearm laws

HCR1 is a resolution asking congress to repeal the firearm manufacturers protection act

HJR1 is a resolution calling for changes to the state constitution to require universal background checks on all firearm sales and to repeal constitutional carry

NY

A08575 would make people prohibited from buying firearms prohibited from buying ammunition (which means they will have background checks for ammunition purchases)

S06716 would outlaw unfinished receivers

PA

HB303 would remove restrictions on transporting a firearm to allow anyone to transport a firearm to any place it is legal to have as long as the firearm is unloaded and ammunition is not readily accessible

WI

AB431 would add restrictions to the sale of firearms by dealers

AB446 would add a tax of .5% to all firearms to be used for victims of 'gun violence'

https://amgoa.org/Proposed-State-Gun-Legislation

US Congress

HB4255 would require gun manufacturers to add a second 'hidden' serial number on firearms, it would also require ATF to hold background check data for 180 days as well as to eliminate the limitations on 'gun trace' data

This legislation requires the release of certain records by the Department of Defense of the legality to own firearm status which is already required under Federal law.

HB4271 would require gun manufacturers to add a suicide prevention label to all firearms or the boxes they come in

HR555 requests the senate to vote on HR8 (universal background checks) which passed the house in the Spring

SB2449 would require a federal license to own a firearm

https://amgoa.org/Proposed-Federal-Gun-Legislation
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 09-17-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Wrong date
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List