Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry guy at farmer's market in Northern VA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    I don’t think using cali as a example is indicative of the rest of the country
    MI had the opposite happen...OC was instrumental in getting shall issue, forcing city/county and LEOs to follow the law and stop wrongly arresting/ticketing people for OC and printing
    I’m not defending the guy in the OP, the discussion seems to moved to OC as whole I’m just giving the other side of the issue
    Addressing printing and accidental exposure does not = OC.

Texas put a statute in place addressing printing and accidental exposure long before OC.

OC is stupid both tactically and socially.

My first hand experience with OC types has been:

A few are just to lazy to carry a handgun concealed. At least they are not leaving the gun unsecured in the car.

Many are ignorant and really believe their OC holstered handgun is a deterrent instead of a shoot me first sign. They also think they have infallible “situational awareness.” The fact that for many years before retention holsters and weapons retention training 1/5 cops were killed with their own guns and even with those factors it still occurs is lost on them.

The last are the majority of OC people - including all those Open carrying long guns. These are the “educators” who are really just attention seekers. They are, as Tam put it “carrying at people.”

The subject of the OP and the MO Walmart idiot are prime examples. They are not helping. Rather, they do more damage to gun rights than any anti gunner.

As Glenn Meyer mentioned earlier, the OC retards are THE reason TX did not get constitutional carry in 2016.

There's a youtube video of two OCers walking into a police station and getting almost multi ventilated and spread eagled by police SCREAMING at them with pistols drawn.

Given the video, the police had incredible restraint. But that was years ago. After years of mass shootings?

Site Supporter
    They also almost sunk campus carry with their antics. As it was an effort to stop private colleges from banning campus carry was removed from the bills. Thus, all private schools ban it.

At the risk of being inflammatory, saying that you want to annoy the 'liberals' shows a lack of understanding of politics, persuasion, personal liberty and how to promote gun rights.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-17-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    There's a youtube video of two OCers walking into a police station and getting almost multi ventilated and spread eagled by police SCREAMING at them with pistols drawn.

Given the video, the police had incredible restraint. But that was years ago. After years of mass shootings?
    Yup. See post 103.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    We have both permit for CC and open carry in this state.

Hardly anyone OC's but plenty of people have carry permits. About 8% in my county. I have one and both of my neighbors do also. They don't OC and neither do I.

Might be different where you live, don't know.
    What state do you live in if you don’t mind me asking? Here in Oklahoma- at least until November 1 that is, unless if those certain democratic lawmakers or whoever the hell they are don’t find a way to get their way and successfully repeal our upcoming constitutional carry first, we have to have a permit to carry at all. After the first; if everything still goes well, we won’t need a permit at all for open carry or concealed carry, unless if we intend to travel to one of the states that we have reciprocity with that’ll still require us to have an Oklahoma issued permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Addressing printing and accidental exposure does not = OC.

Texas put a statute in place addressing printing and accidental exposure long before OC.

OC is stupid both tactically and socially.

My first hand experience with OC types has been:

A few are just to lazy to carry a handgun concealed. At least they are not leaving the gun unsecured in the car.

Many are ignorant and really believe their OC holstered handgun is a deterrent instead of a shoot me first sign. They also think they have infallible “situational awareness.” The fact that for many years before retention holsters and weapons retention training 1/5 cops were killed with their own guns and even with those factors it still occurs is lost on them.

The last are the majority of OC people - including all those Open carrying long guns. These are the “educators” who are really just attention seekers. They are, as Tam put it “carrying at people.”

The subject of the OP and the MO Walmart idiot are prime examples. They are not helping. Rather, they do more damage to gun rights than any anti gunner.

As Glenn Meyer mentioned earlier, the OC retards are THE reason TX did not get constitutional carry in 2016.
    My reference to printing/accidental exposure did/does = OC in MI’s case...OC and buy extension printing/accidental exposure has always been LEGAL in MI, City’s/ counties and LEOs just decided they could apply the law how they wanted and either ticketed or arrested people on BS charges of brandishing or disturbing the peace
    OC “educators” are who put a stop to this, not CC only guys, not hunting only fudds and not LEOs
    So while there are plenty of douche bag OCers not all are just like not all CCers,LEOs or hunters are apathetic “appeasement” is the answer douche bags

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post

That was Dearborn heights MI and those two are known douche bags

My personal experience with OC types, and I certainly haven’t meet all of them, is that they don’t have the slightest care in the world about gun rights. They want any kind of attention they can get from people and be confrontational with any type of authority figure they can find, and gun rights happens to be an excuse for their behavior. In Texas a lot of the open carriers were/are cop blockers, they came to OC from Occupy, when the bottom fell out of the OC movement they went back to Cop Blocking or BLM.

I don’t know why some folks think just because it involves guns, that there’s a shared interest. I’m sure there are genuine OCers out there, but I’d verify before trusting.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    What state do you live in if you don’t mind me asking? Here in Oklahoma- at least until November 1 that is, unless if those certain democratic lawmakers or whoever the hell they are don’t find a way to get their way and successfully repeal our upcoming constitutional carry first, we have to have a permit to carry at all. After the first; if everything still goes well, we won’t need a permit at all for open carry or concealed carry, unless if we intend to travel to one of the states that we have reciprocity with that’ll still require us to have an Oklahoma issued permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    WA.

We were one of the very first states to have shall issue permits to CC, 1961 IIRC. I've had a permit since 92. WA has always been an OC state since statehood. Local jurisdictions can't preempt that but they try.

With all of that I fear semi-auto rifles will be restricted soon. Assholes like the one in VA and demonstrators here will be the reason. The logic escapes me. Because I can until I piss off enough people and they say I can't, I guess.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-17-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    My personal experience with OC types, and I certainly haven’t meet all of them, is that they don’t have the slightest care in the world about gun rights. They want any kind of attention they can get from people and be confrontational with any type of authority figure they can find, and gun rights happens to be an excuse for their behavior. In Texas a lot of the open carriers were/are cop blockers, they came to OC from Occupy, when the bottom fell out of the OC movement they went back to Cop Blocking or BLM.

I don’t know why some folks think just because it involves guns, that there’s a shared interest. I’m sure there are genuine OCers out there, but I’d verify before trusting.
    There are genuine OCers out there; thanks for acknowledging that. Not all of them are "stupid", "retards" or "attention whores".

Nice to see that there are some here who see it as necessary right (appreciated your post #91 LL!) and can refrain from name-calling because they dislike the right (or law) or see it as some sort of an ''evil''.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List