Thread: Classifieds.

Classifieds.

Why do some in the classifieds not respond after several days when you send them a PM about their for sale items and they are online daily?

Site Supporter
    Perhaps they have bad manners. I too have observed that not all respond to pm's. The habit may be similar to that of not answering phone calls or responding to text messages when the caller is a friend or family member unless the caller is doing something for them. Dunno otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Perhaps they have bad manners. I too have observed that not all respond to pm's. The habit may be similar to that of not answering phone calls or responding to text messages when the caller is a friend or family member unless the caller is doing something for them. Dunno otherwise.
    I have traded with several on this forum and never had anyone not respond until this week.

Depending on member status PMs have a limit. A member will not know of any PM after they hit their specified limit.

Maybe a case of their inbox is full and need to be purged of old messages. Purging sent messages helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I PM'd a guy about something they had for sale and it turned out they were out of town for an extended period so it took a week to respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Well, this thread was a good reminder to clean out my inbox, as it was full.

Hopefully I wasn't selling anything that JBP55 intended to buy. I don't think I was selling anything
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Well, this thread was a good reminder to clean out my inbox, as it was full.

Hopefully I wasn't selling anything that JBP55 intended to buy. I don't think I was selling anything
    No, not you. I clean out my PM's pretty regular.
    How do you know when the inbox is full? Do you get a notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I PM'd a guy about something they had for sale and it turned out they were out of town for an extended period so it took a week to respond.
    So he can only access the forums from his Gateway desktop running Windows Vista?

I agree that not responding is bad form. You expect that on Craigslist but not on a forum that feels like a community at times. But there’s nothing I can do about it. His product He can take as long as he wants to respond. Though I might be leery of dealing with anyone that isn’t at least somewhat responsive in a timely manner.
    Last edited by BigD; 09-16-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    So he can only access the forums from his Gateway desktop running Windows Vista?
    People got better things to do than check their PFC messages when they're traveling for work or on vacation or whatever it was. If they're even somewhere with internet access. He was actually still doing whatever it was that had him away from home and told me it'd be another week. For all I know the person could be on a work assignment that has them working 16 hour days or their mom died or maybe they're just enjoying the beach with their kids. All of those are way more important than selling me some ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    No, not you. I clean out my PM's pretty regular.
    How do you know when the inbox is full? Do you get a notice?
    Generally I find out when I try to send someone a PM and it won't let me (it's not just Inbox messages that count against our total, it's all stored messages in any folder)
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List