Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Reverend Chuck, ,mea culpa! Make that 2 K, 1 maybe L, and a bunch of LCR/LCRx/J Frames

Colt Agent in milk jug holster in front pocket. In the AM when coffee is brewing and Im feeding the birds in the yard and not dressed in real clothes yet, same gun in a Lawrence No 7 shoulder holster. Once in a while when slumming around the house in scrubs, same gun in an S&W made Threepersons-ish belt holster under a sweatshirt or scrubs top.

3" 10 in back pocket when dog walking around the yard (10 acre yard), full of +P handloads. Sometimes a Smith 24 with stout loads, such as after finding bear poop in the driveway again. Can be in a Lawrence No 8 shoulder holster or Threepersons type belt holster on cartridge belt, sometimes just in the back pocket.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Reverend Chuck, ,mea culpa! Make that 2 K, 1 maybe L, and a bunch of LCR/LCRx/J Frames
    I'm too irreverent to be a reverend. The "rev" refers to revolver, which was my weapon of choice until I drank the Givens Koolaid. As you can see here, I haven't completely abandoned them.

Site Supporter
    642-2 is usually the only one I actually carry. Aholster Backbone, Smartcarry, Galco horsehide pocket, occasionally a Renegade ankle, or very rarely, a leather belt holster I made for it when it was my only practical carry gun. Aholster Backbone at church today, and Smartcarry in my current lounge wear. Usually, I have a speed strip or two along as well.

I have a number of others, but this is still the one that I actually carry. Thinking about getting a steel trainer/heavier duty and potentially heavier loaded ammo vehicle like a 640 that will still be lighter and smaller than my beloved 13-3 3”. That one almost never gets carried unless I want to carry warm/medium .357 loads as a hunting backup gun. If I get the 640, that 13-3 will probably never get carried again. I can count on my fingers with a lot left over the number of days I’ve actually ever carried it. If I’m actually going hunting with a revolver, I’ll pick the M18 or the 28-2, depending on what I’m hunting - .22 vs .38 or .357.

May just keep carrying my G26 when I can carry a heavier gun, though.

I've carried a S&W 442-2 I bought in the Fall of 2006 for the past 13 years in either Kramer pocket holster or a Renegade ankle holster. That little gun has been my constant companion 24/7 and every time I think I'm going to replace it with something more "modern" I end up right back with it. The outside of the cylinder is totally pitted from sweat and the when "the lock" rusted out I yanked the whole thing and replaced it with "the plug." The gun just keeps on ticking, but I'm almost embarrassed about how bad it looks.

I'm in the process of purchasing an old S&W 640 (no dash) that may allow me to retire it. I also picked up an old Idaho City marked Milt Sparks Summer Special to carry it in.

I may just be an old soul, but I'm truly partial to wheel guns.
    Last edited by KevH; 09-16-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Ruger LCR, Fricke Zaccheus.

Nightstand gun is the Colt Night Cobra, but I don’t get the opportunity to carry it much at all at this point.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

642 stoked with Critical Defense. Pocket carried in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, or AIWB via JMCK.

A few days ago I carried it AIWB on a 10 mile hike, and was pleased it didn't slow me down or trigger any low back issues.

Site Supporter
    340pd, uncle mike's pocket holster, with lightweight cardboard to break up the outline. (Trick I learned on this forum, I believe).

Site Supporter
    Ruger LCR in a Harry's Holsters Icon AIWB or in a Blackhawk Tacgrip pocket holster. Loaded with Blackhills 148gr. HBWC.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

642-1 in a Galco ankle holster while at my NPE job

User Tag List