Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I also wonder how well it will expand out of a 3" barrel.
    Not a factory .357 load... not "science"... but I fired a few various hand loads from 13.0 up to 14.5 grains 2400/158gr XTP, into cat litter jugs full of water @ 15 yards or so, and all of them expanded fairly well when fired from my 60-10. Penetration was what I would consider deep, for a pistol JHP bullet. 13.5gr isn't bad... 14.5 grains was for sure into "sporty" territory, but still extracted just fine, with zero sticking. I have not chrono'd these loads, but I imagine the top end is well into the "full house" realm.

I imagine the factory stuff would be fine. The 2400 loads do have a flash to them!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How well does the LCR fit in a pocket?

FOR ME, it is fitting really well. Outside of a couple of specific dress slacks that I own with a more narrow opening and smaller pocket, it has been working well. I was running some of the Bantam Boot Grips on it which helped concealment, but that are not acceptable at all to me for access and deployment, so as of this past weekend I am back to the factory grips. Going to have to see if that compromises things too much.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    What ammo do you carry in that and what is your POI with what front sight?

I ran it in this past weekend's Revolver Roundup for the first bit of extended shooting, and it is shooting really high with much anything ammo. I shot some 32 S&W, some 85gr XTP hp in 32 H&R mag from Black Hills, and then some Gold Dot 327. All of it shot about 3-4 inches high at 5 yards which is a bit alarming, but I had already ordered a replacement F/O sight and Chuck Haggard says those tend to be a bit higher so ideally that will fix the issue. Chuck and I compared his 357 LCR front sight and his was noticeably taller than mine. His LCR shot low with most ammo, and he wanted to try to switch our front sights, and he thought that would work great for both of us, but we did not have the time of tools to get it done on the range.

The 32 S&W felt like 22lr and the H&R was not really any punchier. The 327 had decided more flash, but the recoil was not as bad as I feared. Chuck did a ballistics gel test of the ammo during the class and the H&R did not expand at all, but had very good penetration. The Gold Dot DID expand and had good penetration, so right now I am running the H&R stuff, and then after I get some more time on the trigger, I will most likely switch over to the 327 GD as the main carry, but not quite yet. I think (and Chuck concurs) that the H&R is a decent acceptable load.

Cecil, which FO sight is available for 327/22? I went back to factory after running XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Cecil, which FO sight is available for 327/22? I went back to factory after running XS.

https://www.hivizsights.com/product/lcr2010/

supposedly does not fit the 327, but no one can tell me exactly why. So let me be the guinea pig and try to put them on shortly and I will let you know the results
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 10-14-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Per the link, Hiviz does not fit the LCR 22, 22 Mag and 327 Federal.

I’ve got it on my 38 LCR and really like it, on the 327 you are stuck with the non luminous XS which sucks for accurate fire (for me) and the factory sight which allows for good hits but isn’t the fastest..........unless you also have 22 with same sights that you shoot the crap out of....and dry fire a lot. Factory Sight with white line is WAY better than my 442.

Posted sameish time, I believe 5 inches low at 15 yards is what people are reporting.
    Last edited by Oukaapie; 10-14-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    https://www.hivizsights.com/product/lcr2010/

supposedly does not fit the 327, but no one can tell me exactly why. So let me be the guinea pig and try to put them on shortly and I will let you know the results
    I’m rather interested to see how this pans out for you. My understanding is that the front sight for the .38 isn’t “supposed” to fit because it’s “too tall” for the .327. It sounds, however, that someone somewhere might be full of it.

I didn’t realize Speer was making .32H&R Gold Dots. Do you have a lead on these and what might also make a decent a cost effective practice load to go along with it?
    Last edited by spinmove_; 10-15-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post

I didn’t realize Speer was making .32H&R Gold Dots. Do you have a lead on these and what might also make a decent a cost effective practice load to go along with it?

No, the GDs were in 327. Sorry for the confusion.

Site Supporter
    Which gunsmith could convert a 637 to DAO and also remove and plug the lock?

TK custom was mentioned about the lock, but is there one who could do both?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Which gunsmith could convert a 637 to DAO and also remove and plug the lock?

TK custom was mentioned about the lock, but is there one who could do both?
    Clark Custom Guns Princeton, La.
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

User Tag List