Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

I don’t always carry revolvers, but when I do, it’s usually a Ruger LCRX in 327 or a SP101 WC. Either JMCK AIWB or a High Noon in same position.

I just ordered a DSG Apollo. So I plan on carrying a 3 inch LCRX 38spl AIWB with federal 148gr wadcutters. AKA the Caleb Giddings special.
    Last edited by edison; 09-15-2019 at 04:19 PM.

S&W model 60

S&W model 60, bobbed hammer, left front pocket, in a Uncle Mike’s pocket holster. Bought it off my retiring supervisor about 12 years ago. He told me that he purchased it new back in 1976 when he started on the job.

Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Ruger LCR model 5401 in .38 special in an Aholster (pocket carry) or a Dark Star Gear w metal clip (gym shorts). Loaded with Federal Gold Medal 148 gr wadcutters.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-15-2019 at 04:35 PM.

I only have one revolver currently...(gasp!!!)...and lately it's mostly been carried in a Harry's Holsters "Icon" due to it's fitting the loop positioning and rise of my Duluth Flex cargo shorts...

Name:  harry1.jpg
Views: 2247
Size:  81.9 KB

Otherwise it's my trusty Dark Star Gear AIWB...or if I'm carrying in pocket, an Aholster, Mika or Uncle Mike's depending on what works best for the clothing.

So many options for the 642.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

642 in a left hand Kramer Pocket Holster, as a secondary.

Site Supporter
    When I've carried a revolver it's been a S&W 386 Night Guard in an old Maxpedition Good-to-Go bag. Since the frame split on the 325 PD I bought I'm having reservations about the 386, particularly with Magnum ammunition.

I have a new 642 with a nicely dovetailed front sight (XS Standard Dot) and a leather pocket holster. Apparently I don't have the right kind of pockets because every pair of pants/shorts I have tried makes my wife ask if that's the new revolver I just got back from the gunsmith. This one is obviously a work in progress.

Dave

A 642 with Werner set-up (Barami hip-grip, T-grip, and Hogue Jr., although I used inner tube instead of the Hogue) is my underwear gun. I also have a 360J that goes in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster when I need to pocket carry a J-frame.

SP101 in a DSG pre Apollo rig most often. Still need to get to the range to break in the pajama popper and put it into service
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    442-2 in a Galco pocket holster with two speed strips loaded with four rounds each.
    Exercised it at the range today along with my long neglected Winchester M1 rifle..Name:  A155FAC9-0449-4ED4-93C1-94E981753DA9.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  48.4 KB
    Last edited by deputyG23; 09-15-2019 at 05:49 PM.

User Tag List