Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I’ve got a few boxes of .357 158grn XTP around, so probably will roll with that if it plays along on paper.
    That's fun to shoot.... out of a 686. Out of an LCRx, it's going to be sporty.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I was going to post something quite similar to that, including the use of the word "sporty."

I also wonder how well it will expand out of a 3" barrel.

On the other hand, a friend has an LCRx and reports it handles recoil much better than one would expect, given its weight. I've not had a chance to shoot it yet though.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I was going to post something quite similar to that, including the use of the word "sporty."

I also wonder how well it will expand out of a 3" barrel.

On the other hand, a friend has an LCRx and reports it handles recoil much better than one would expect, given its weight. I've not had a chance to shoot it yet though.
    I shot a LCR once and it didn't qualify as "fun". My friend's aunt, who had bought it as a house gun, bought a Model 66 to replace it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Now I am running an LCR in 327 in a DSG Apollo/SmartCarry/pocket

I had been running a 642 in the same
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post

What ammo do you carry in that and what is your POI with what front sight?

I’m not Cecil but I’ll share my 327 detail.

I chose Hydrashock as they are quite soft shooting but still get 12/13 inches and expand reliably. I had an XS sight but took it off and went back to black with white stripe. I also use the Crimson Trace Green. I really have not had good luck with XS big dot. I like being able to hit 4 inch circles at 10 yards in a hurry. I can do that with the black and white, I can’t with the XS.

I also have the black and white on my 22 Lcr. Uniformity helps.

Hiviz and Novak don’t have 327 options,

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yeah it won’t be an enjoyable relationship. I need to order some .38 with the Lehigh bullets and that will probably become my GP load for those ultralight times when nothing else in the quiver may be appropriate.

Or I should finally order a G29... always a reason for another pistol.

Since this is a revolver thread I do have a longing for a .454 Alaskan for absolutely no valid reason, besides a .454 Alaskan.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post

How well does the LCR fit in a pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Is that a Swenson you're using to prop up the 442?

@Hambo,

I am not sure who originally did the work, but they did an amazing job on the rear sight. From reading about Swensen, I have seen a fair bit of his work, from full on customs, to sight work, and this looks very much like that, but Swensen was a trend setter to say the least, and others started doing similar work after him, so I cannot say.

These pics are not great, but they are what I have. They show the test target that came with the gun as well, and it was shot with SWCs I believe.

Whoever did it, the rear dovetail has been blended amazingly well, you can barely see a trace of it.

When I bought the gun I mixed a little new with the old, to make it considerably more carry friendly. A new grip safety, long trigger and magwell.

The gun came out of South East Texas. The man I bought it from stated that he was selling it for the widow of a Texas lawman, whom he was friends with, who had retired and this had been his gun. It looks like a classic 1970s-early 80s era sidearm a lawman from Texas would carry.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    My most carried is my old 442, with fancy "custom" recoil absorbing grips

My GP also has tape on the rubber grip to add material to get it to the shape I want. Once I'm 100 percent sure I have it right, I plan to ship the whole mess up to your neck of the woods and get it duplicated in some nice walnut.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List