Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You carry a 3 inch LCRx at times, correct?

How difficult would it be to bob the hammer and/or make it DAO?
    Bobbing the hammer on an SP101 is trivially easy. You need at a minimum a vice and a dremel with a cutting head. If you want it to look good when you’re done you need a few more tools. I don’t actually know about bobbing the LCRx hammer because I’ve never taken one apart.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Bobbing the hammer on an SP101 is trivially easy. You need at a minimum a vice and a dremel with a cutting head. If you want it to look good when you’re done you need a few more tools. I don’t actually know about bobbing the LCRx hammer because I’ve never taken one apart.
    A DAO bobbed hammer 3 inch LCRx in 22 would be a great weapon for some one like my mom.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Three-season rig: Colt DS in Lobo IWB offset-clip holster.

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    What's the little knife?

More on topic, was just given a Jämä blanket shirt. The little slit pocket in the chest pouch holds my LCR perfectly with a good bit of passive retention. Makes an awkward two-handed draw but going to play with it a bit while woods bumming/camping just because.

Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Warm weather & hiking:

S&W M65 and JMCK IWB holster.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-04-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    More on topic, was just given a Jämä blanket shirt.
    That was an interesting rabbit hole. I'll make it a point to stop by their brick-and-mortar if I'm ever in Helsinki...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

J-Frame in a DSG Apollo with one or two Super Vel Super Strips.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This. S&W hammers have various external treatments, but Ruger hammers seem to be solid stainless steel, throughout.
    One may wish to keep the hammer cool enough, so as to avoid internal structural changes, or cause warping. (Some say one can “destroy the heat-treat,” though I am not qualified to comment.)

Having said that, pre-MIM SP101 hammer spurs have not bothered me enough to cut or grind, as they are quite short. Two of mine have their spurs, and three are spurless. The newer MIM hammer spurs look a bit longer, perhaps, but I do not own any, and have not compared them closely. I am contemplating semi-bobbing a Speed Six hammer spur.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    What's the little knife? .
    It’s a custom I commissioned several years ago from Ian at special circumstances. Works equally well in forward, reverse, or PD grip. I forget the name he gave it but I believe it’s a one of a kind.

Which revolvers are you carrying and in what carry rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Warm weather & hiking:

S&W M65 and JMCK IWB holster.
    I wore it all day today, first for a hike in the local state park, and then while waxing my car. It is a very comfortable rig. (I was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.). I had a speedloader in the clip @blues recommended and six rounds in an 8- round speedstrip.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-05-2019 at 07:36 PM.

User Tag List