Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul 21 rd mag failure to feed

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post

Have you witnessed bullet setback? Every day, I must unload and reload my pistol. So the top two rounds get chambered quite a bit. Every time I go to the range, I make sure to fire these rounds, and I’ve never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve seen bullet set back in 9mm glocks with 124gr gold dots in as few as 4-5 loadings/unloadings. It was minimal and the rounds still fired, but I don’t load/ unload a round more than 3 times if it’s for carry.

I've had good luck with a bunch of pmag 21s. Good thread on the topic here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Glock-PMag-21

On bullet setback, something I posted elsewhere recently:

Make a tick mark on the case head with a sharpie each time it's chambered. When you have 2-4 marks, rotate it out.
    Rotate when there is any deformation to the rim or case mouth.

Check this out from Claude Werner: https://www.facebook.com/ATLFirearms...7565304317577/

Setback is real but varies wildly, even with a manufacturer and particular sku. Crimp, jacket composition, sealants and adhesives, grooves and cannelures, slide energy, bullet profile, case taper, etc. During deliberate experimentation some major duty/carry rounds were chambered 2-3 dozen times with no effect, and were fired, extracted, and ejected without issue. Some show setback at 2-3x. I worried about a couple of 357SIG rounds when chambering them the first time.

Setback may have serious or negligible effect on pressures, depending.

It's just not worth it. Don't download at all or as often, or buy a few extra boxes of carry ammo.
    Last edited by ST911; 09-15-2019 at 10:00 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Good idea re: the sharpie tick mark

Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

I only use my Magpul 21 rounder as a barney, but it’s been trouble free.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My MagPul 21's have been 100% with 124 grain RN coated lead reloads. But I only game with them. I have not tried to run any other ammo through them.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Caballo Flaco, makes sense. But if it won’t run reliably manually cycling, I’m not going to trust it actually firing, at least until I get to the range.

Have you witnessed bullet setback? Every day, I must unload and reload my pistol. So the top two rounds get chambered quite a bit. Every time I go to the range, I make sure to fire these rounds, and I’ve never had an issue.

Hand cycling is a Fudd move. Avoid it. OEM mags can fail this "test" in both directions.

Site Supporter
    After having used Magpul Glock mags of all sizes since they were released, I’ve come to the conclusion they are range mags only. I’ve had enough issues with them to no longer trust them. I’ll continue to use them in training only, but I will only buy factory mags from here forward.

Is there any reliable, comfortable baseplate worth trying? OEM baseplates bite - those back corners are sharp. More cant helps, but it could be better.
    Arredondo

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Arredondo
    First class I ever went to, one of the shooters had these and they just kept exploding. Reviews online seem to indicate it wasn’t an isolated issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    First class I ever went to, one of the shooters had these and they just kept exploding. Reviews online seem to indicate it wasn’t an isolated issue.

I've had good experience with them and other people have as well
    Not sure why this particular person had issues. The way that the basepads fits together makes me wonder if they broke the tabs or something.

User Tag List