Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: G36. GTG at this point?

I had one several years ago. I liked it, but unfortunately sold it to fund something else, or consolidate calibers, or some other dumb reason.

Name:  g36-3.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  70.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Good choice. G36 was my favorite .45 until I picked up a used G30s. Just a couple of user-induced failures with G36. It's less forgiving of poor grip than some pistols. No failures through hundreds of rounds with G30s.

Now that powers that be have decided it’s OK for me to have this G36–along with all the stuff I already own—I figured a quick follow up is in order.

What a fun gun. For some reason, this G pushes the grin buttons in ways the others don’t. It’s not that I dislike shooting, say, my G45, but the 9mm guns just fit into the "tool" parking space in my brain. I find myself admiring their cool efficiency, and I’m glad I picked up multiple Glocks while I still can, but shooting them turns into a drill pretty quick.

This one is a revolver-like riot to shoot, and I find myself looking forward to the next range trip, like it was a Ruger .22 or something.

Once I detailed/cleaned the upper slide (there was oil in the striker channel, and it wouldn’t pass the RSA test when I bought it), and put in new springs, it’s just been 9mmG-reliable. Cheap ball? Eat eat eat. Good ball? Eat eat eat. 230 GDHP? Eat eat eat—all mags. 90s-era 185gr +P golden saber brass jacket, or ancient proload 200gr GDHP ‘flying ashtray? Eat eat eat, yum yum yum.

I love this thing, oversized and under payloaded though it may be. Had a spare original gadget and spring kit on hand, plus some carry accoutrement, so it’s turn key, with the exception of needing to order up some sights when I get a minute.

Who knew that I’d be this into a weird Glock?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List