Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aero Ambi lower

Aero Ambi lower

Anyone used the Aero Ambi Lower? Looking at grabbing one.

Do you use the ambi feature enough that you think it was worth it?

Does the right side lever stick out too much?

Any issue with the right side lever getting hung up on gear or causing malfunctions?

All opinions welcome...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Is thumbing the ambi bolt release quicker than touching the regular side bolt release with the pointer finger??

Well, I already ordered a blem to try it. Because, as noted, SALE.

I was going to buy a couple anyway, so I got
    Two regular and one ambi to try out.

I was not thinking of using the ambi for a reload, but I was thinking of being able to lock the bolt back easier on a malfunction or admin clearing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

That would act as a BAD lever, without the drawbacks......
    Taking a break from social media.

My quick view is that the Aero is better if you are a left hander. If you are a right hander and want some ambidextrous controls to do things like lock the bolt back then something like the American Defense Manufacturing ambi lower may be better.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    the American Defense Manufacturing ambi lower may be better.
    I like the look of the American Defense right side bolt control better than the Aero... but at over double the cost? Don’t like it that much.... ($279 vs $119)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ambi controls seem to make sense for a person who is left handed (from a right handed person's perspective).

My own view (as a right hander) has always been that I do not stick extended controls on my own ARs for a reason that may be viewed as dumb for some people, but has worked for me.

I have been issued rifles at various places here and there over the years, and I want the controls to all be exactly the same. I don't want to think about it. I want it to be a matter of unconscious competence. Just grab and go to work.

My personally owned rifles all have stock controls due to this.

But since that thought process probably has zero bearing on a great many people's decision on whether to rock ambi controls on a personal rifle, I would say go for it. If you don't like it, it probably would not be too hard to sell, swap or modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I like the look of the American Defense right side bolt control better than the Aero... but at over double the cost? Don’t like it that much.... ($279 vs $119)
    I got a blemish for ~$180. I don’t think the Aero comes with an ambi mag release which would bump the price up as well. The ADM is turn key ambi lower.
    Last edited by John Hearne; 09-23-2019 at 10:06 PM.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Ambi controls seem to make sense for a person who is left handed (from a right handed person's perspective).

My own view (as a right hander) has always been that I do not stick extended controls on my own ARs for a reason that may be viewed as dumb for some people, but has worked for me.

I have been issued rifles at various places here and there over the years, and I want the controls to all be exactly the same. I don't want to think about it. I want it to be a matter of unconscious competence. Just grab and go to work.

My personally owned rifles all have stock controls due to this.

But since that thought process probably has zero bearing on a great many people's decision on whether to rock ambi controls on a personal rifle, I would say go for it. If you don't like it, it probably would not be too hard to sell, swap or modify.
    I keep stock controls on my own AR's for the exact same reason - even though I'm left-eyed and shoot rifles lefty as a result.
    While I had some success getting arms room sloths to get ambi control packages at times (IIRC, I finally got the right NSN from someone here on PF) I can't depend on getting those.
    So I learned to run the righty-style stock selector lever with my left knuckle, and so far so good.

User Tag List