Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .40 Renovation/AKA I'm Not Dead Yet!

Nice!

I have a gen 3 G22 RTF2 that I'm hoping to find a cheap G35 top-end for.
    I much prefer the RTF2 to any other texture Glock uses.

I keep a Glock 22 and a XD-M .40 around because I have 3 five gallon buckets full of brass and almost a 5 gallon bucket full of 180 grn. copper coated bullets that were given to me. Someday I'll set up the Dillon 650 again and rock it out. Right now I'm buying and shooting 9mm because it's cheap enough that I don't feel like reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I keep a Glock 22 and a XD-M .40 around because I have 3 five gallon buckets full of brass and almost a 5 gallon bucket full of 180 grn. copper coated bullets that were given to me. Someday I'll set up the Dillon 650 again and rock it out. Right now I'm buying and shooting 9mm because it's cheap enough that I don't feel like reloading.
    I load my 9mm, but still have probably 3k of 40 loaded. I plan to use this as justification for buying another 1911 in 10mm and getting a 40 barrel for it to burn up those loaded rounds. I am either a justification animal or a sick individual...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sentiment aside, if you want to shoot 40 out of a Glock gen 4s tolerate 40 cal much better than Gen 2 or 3.

PD Trade Gen 4 G22’s are under $300 if you look.

This pistol was a bit more than $300. It cost me 28 years....
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

While I usually prefer my HK .40s when shooting .40, my Glock Gen4 G22 performs more than passably well. For the streets, Federal 180gr HST; for back-up while hunting, Underwood Lehigh 140gr Xtreme Penetrators. It's also usually my "go to" wilderness/hiking gun, carried in either a Blade-Tech IWB, Olen OWB, Tactical Tailor thigh rig, Tactical Tailor tanker, or Wilderness Safepacker.

Glock steel sights, and the medium beavertail backstrap, and a Pierce plug.

It has a very nice, rolling triggerbreak.

It, and my Gen 3 G17 are my two Glocks that other than sights that I've been very satisfied with out of their boxes, with nothing added other than sight replacements (in both cases, Glock steels), and plugs. I do have a mountain bike inner tube segment over the grip of the G17 for increased grip, though.

Everything essential needed for business, nothing excess.

While one of the Brazilian Police Gen5 G22s (using what appears to be the G37 thicker slide) is on my short Glock wish list, I'm pretty satisfied with my Gen4 G22 to date.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 09-15-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    This pistol was a bit more than $300. It cost me 28 years....
    All the more reason to run it mostly as a 9.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    All the more reason to run it mostly as a 9.
    Which I intend to do, hence the full conversion to 9mm OEM parts.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    No doubt in my mind, even without mag capacity bans. People like new trends and being on the side of those "clued in"...which changes like the seasons. Not all that long ago hardly anybody would imagine several new 10mm releases.

9mm will keep the crown though. It makes the most sense in the small 18-24oz CCW pistols that sell like hotcakes. For the duty size pistols in large agencies, almost as good performance = good enough if it's cheaper and easier.

Individuals who can purchase a separate 9mm barrel, or at least remember to swap RSA every 2.5-3,000 rds and actually get new mags now and then, have more options.

People will have to start bugging the manufacturers though. It benefits the big names in ammo and pistols to just keep pumping out 9mm this and that, spending less on tooling and materials.
    I know just one dude who was issued a G22 in the Army. He is a big big fan of the RT2 G22 and if he wasn’t pure 1911 in retirement he says it would be the RTF2 G22.
    Last edited by JHC; 09-15-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List