Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Burr- Paper Tiger

Bill Burr- Paper Tiger

Worth the watch.. I think it was every bit as good as Chappelle's show. Glad to see the comedians fighting back. On Netflix now.

I got to see Bill Burr in San Antonio, one of the best standups out there IMO. Can’t wait to see the new special.

Saw it a couple days back. Pretty good stuff overall.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I made it through the first two minutes before my liberal leaning wife had a meltdown.
    I'll have to try again when she's not around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    I made it through the first two minutes before my liberal leaning wife had a meltdown.
    I'll have to try again when she's not around.
    LOL!

My wife was laughing harder than I was.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    LOL!

My wife was laughing harder than I was.
    Mine too. She pretty much quit watching the Chappelle special after the Michael Jackson bit.

Her favorite Bill Burr bit is the Sign Language Gorilla from a few years ago. For some reason that just cracks her up.

Site Supporter
    I've seen Burr live and we were lucky enough that after the set was over he stayed on stage for another hour or so testing new material. At one point a joke bombed and he said something along the lines of "damn it got quiet, someone fall down a mine or something?" This is WV, and his show wasn't too long after the Upper Big Branch mine disaster. You could feel all of the humor in the room come to a crashing halt for the entire audience. I'm almost surprised I didn't hear "get a rope!" from the back of the room. There was a very brief moment then when you could see on Burr's face that he felt like he crossed a line and didn't like that he did. He's a professional though and a hilarious motherfucker so he recovered immediately and had the room rolling again.

Forget Dave Chappelle... Watch Bill Burr: Paper Tiger

Bill Burr dropped his newest special on 9/10, called Paper Tiger. All I can say is, i my opinion it's massively more funny and insightful than Dave Chappelle's show. I seriously was crying laughing watching it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81060174

edit: goddamnit... the other thread just showed up on a refresh. mod(s), feel free to merge.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 09-15-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Bill Burr has been killing it for years. He's also not too bad of an actor from his small time on Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Bill Burr dropped his newest special on 9/10, called Paper Tiger. All I can say is, i my opinion it's massively more funny and insightful than Dave Chappelle's show. I seriously was crying laughing watching it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81060174

edit: goddamnit... the other thread just showed up on a refresh. mod(s), feel free to merge.
    Hard agree. Chapelle's was rock solid... but Burr was better.

User Tag List