Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    @Mike C That kind of looks like how my standard g43 looks when I put one round in a OEM 6 round mag. The brass case hits the bottom of the ejector so much that it cocks the bullet up and left ( not even in line with the feed ramp). I tried the same thing with my g42 and it still rubs the bottom of the ejector but not nearly as bad as the g43. I haven't looked to see if my g48 does that though.

I've seen people even file a little bit of metal off the ejector where it makes contact with the brass case. I don't think I'd do it, but seemed to cure their feeding problem. I think they were using extended base plates in their g43. All I know is, I don't see how my g43 even feeds the last round that's how misaligned the bullet is on the last round in the magazine.
    The round sitting cockeyed initially looked like it was just the contact with the ejector but when I looked closer at it, it seemed the issue is mostly to do with the based on the round sitting under the breach face because as soon as I work the round forward by rocking the mag from front to rear everything straightens out. I am wondering if this is just a frame to mag fit or if it is something else or a deeper issue with design and tolerances. I started to take measurements of mag widths etc. and then decided if I have to screw with this crap they'll either go back or get sold with full discloser at a discount. I really like the idea of these but will just stick to OEM which seems the best policy with everything these days. For those that might be interested though I do have a single +4 base plate that is working rather well.

Anyone else having similar issues to me?

Finally got to take my 48 to the range with my new S15 magazines. Gun is a more recent black slide model, and the factory option HD sights. Gun has Apex trigger and connector kit, and Shield Arms metal mag catch.

I have two S15 magazines. I put the extra power mag spring in one magazine and left the other as is. I did 300 rounds total, equal amounts per magazine. Ammo was my USPSA reloads using TG and Montana Gold 147 FMJ with a flat point.

Most of the shooting was done freestyle, with several WHO runs at the end. All testing began at max capacity, IE 15+1.

There were no failures to feed, eject, or lock back. Both magazines performed well for function firing.

The magazine with the extra power spring would not fall free when empty at slide lock. The other magazine had no issues falling free when empty. Neither mag will fall free when full, but both fell free down one round (14 in the magazine). The issue with the one magazine may not be spring related. During my next vetting session, I plan on swapping the magazine springs to isolate that one issue.

So far I’m optimistic about these magazines and they’re potential use for carry. I’m still planning on more practice ammo testing, followed by running some premium defense ammo through it. I was even planning the 2K challenge. My concerns at the moment is it seems a bit of a buying frenzy is going on, at least locally, so not sure how that will effect pricing and availability.

TBC...

250 rounds down range between two S15 mags.

G48 with their metal mag catch. Its an early production silver slide model.

My mags locked open intermittently. Not a deal breaker to me but i do wish they were more reliable in this regard.

Zero failures to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    For those that might be interested though I do have a single +4 base plate that is working rather well.
    On the +1 or greater mag extensions - do they come with a new spring or you use the factory one?

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    On the +1 or greater mag extensions - do they come with a new spring or you use the factory one?
    The +4 extension for the factory mag came with their spring. I'm still not having a single issue with it and like it quite a bit, I now have about 400 rounds through it. I love how the locking screw works to keep the base plate on and the height doesn't interfere with having a frame plug installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    The +4 extension for the factory mag came with their spring. I'm still not having a single issue with it and like it quite a bit, I now have about 400 rounds through it. I love how the locking screw works to keep the base plate on and the height doesn't interfere with having a frame plug installed.
    I have decided to stick with my factory G48 mags. But, I have considered a +1 or +2. I would assume that any extension would need to come with a better spring, or there would be a potential problem

I have a 2nd one on its way from the bunch they were in stock last week and I have one already.

I have the stainless slide with the Ameriglo sites. Only mods are the extended slide release(Glock), and a HYVE extended metal magazine release.

I ran about 400 rounds through it 250 defender 115gr, 150 rounds of Winchester white box, 115gr.

I had a few issues with loading on a closed slide, maybe 2-3 times but my RSA seems particularly stiff. I’ve had issues clearing a chambered round when cleaning or clearing for dry fire practice.

Drops free just fine whether loaded or empty, slide locked back or in full battery.

It did inconsistently locked back after the last round, as has been noted by others, but holds open just fine when pulling back the slide by hand on an empty mag. Also of note, my grip may also have been preventing the slide lock from engaging. I plan to swap back to the OEM slide stop to see if this improves any on my next range test. I should also have my second magazine by then.

Quote Originally Posted by beckdw View Post
    I'd be very interested in seeing a 10rder for the G43, getting a G26 capacity in a slim package.
    There’s also this. An 80% Glock 43 lower that uses Sig P365 mags that is “soon” to come out
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7pRRJaB...=194shx5cm98tz

Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    Only mods are the extended slide release(Glock), ...
    Wait. That’s a thing? When did they start selling it?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Wait. That’s a thing? When did they start selling it?
    My mistake, it was the Double Diamond extended slide stop https://www.glockstore.com/Double-Di...e-Stop-for-G43.

I thought at first it was OEM because it's on the "glockstore" website *facepalm*. I'll edit my post to reflect it.

User Tag List