Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    If you've ever pre-ordered magazines for a pistol you don't even own.... you might be a member at Pistol-Forum....
    If you’ve ever preordered magazines for multiple pistols you don’t even own, it might be September 14, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Will follow with interest.

Just picked up a 43X today.
    I might have come home with a 48 today, but they were out of stock.

Man I hope these prove to reliable. Pretty skeptical but went and ordered 2 anyway. I should know better than to be a beta tester but sometime just want to get lucky. If these work, they likely will be in strong demand for a while and doubtful they can keep up with production early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    ...I am presently stacking up a stock 43X to a comped one. With 15 rounds on board it should make for an interesting package.
    Very interested in hearing how the comped 43x runs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Very interested in hearing how the comped 43x runs!
    I will start a whole thread on it once I have some more comparative data. So far I've only had the time to run Gabe's standards and The Test uncomped for baseline. I am going to add some F.A.S.T. times and maybe a few other metrics. I hope to have some range time in a few days to run the Agency Arms comp and then the Griffin Armament one. Once I have some real data and put my thoughts together as to why and what gains there are to be had it should make for some interesting conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    If you’ve ever preordered magazines for multiple pistols you don’t even own, it might be September 14, 2004.
    #IWasThere

If these work I'm getting a 48 or a 43X. Not sure what I'd do with my 19's after that though. In either case I'm still hoping Glock makes a G43 with a wider grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Not the Shield arms, but there have been several successful experiments with double stack mags in the G48 on Arfcom, which bodes well for the Shield mags. At a minimum, it shows that the G48 can accept a true double stack metal magazine.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...187683/?page=9

This is a 15rd mag made from the steel liner of a G17 mag:

G17 Mag liner vs a P365 15rd mag:

And a modded CZ75 Mag:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/eU34fZe

Anxious to see reviews on these while I wait for the railed 43X to come to the US

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Not the Shield arms, but there have been several successful experiments with double stack mags in the G48 on Arfcom, which bodes well for the Shield mags. At a minimum, it shows that the G48 can accept a true double stack metal magazine.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...187683/?page=9

This is a 15rd mag made from the steel liner of a G17 mag:
    Clever!

When I first saw that preorder was open yesterday I resisted the impulse purchase, figured I’d wait to see how well they work. I made it until the late evening before I had preordered the 3 magazine/mag release bundle for my 43x. The 43x/48/365 guns are being called game changers, a reliable 15 rounder in those guns turns the game on it’s head!

User Tag List