Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Found these on AR15

Last edited by Xhado; 11-23-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    A buddy just got an email that his mags have shipped.
    Update— Only thing they ended up sending was the new mag catch.

First video I’ve seen on YouTube of a customer shooting these mags. Same guy who posted the videos a few posts up:

The mags not dropping free in the video is 100% user error. When performing a reload, drop the magazine first while the gun is oriented vertically and then bring the gun back into your “workspace” to perform the reload. Factory Glock mags will hang up for me if I don’t drop them first before bringing the gun back in to perform a reload. I tried to post that on his YouTube comments but he doesn’t allow comments on his videos.
    Shoot more, post less...

I'm not sure I'd say the magazine hanging in the grip is 100% user error, especially with a metal magazine. All Glock shooters have learned the "shake to release" motion with Glock factory mags, or have learned how to snap the grip hard outboard to help the mag slide free. Having a magazine stay in the well despite a depressed release and not move without being manually ripped free is something completely different, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd say the magazine hanging in the grip is 100% user error, especially with a metal magazine. All Glock shooters have learned the "shake to release" motion with Glock factory mags, or have learned how to snap the grip hard outboard to help the mag slide free. Having a magazine stay in the well despite a depressed release and not move without being manually ripped free is something completely different, IMHO.
    In my experience, Glock mags literally “drop” when you hit the mag release. What I mean is that HK mags, for example, seem to actually shoot out of the frame with additional force when you hit the mag release. With Glocks, there’s no extra force so if you have the magazine well parallel to the ground instead of perpendicular, the magazine release is no longer locking the mag in, but there is no reason for the mag to exit the well. The mags need gravity to actually pull them out of the mag well and the shooter in the video was negating gravity by not having the mag well perpendicular to the ground when he hit the mag release.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    In my experience, Glock mags literally “drop” when you hit the mag release. What I mean is that HK mags, for example, seem to actually shoot out of the frame with additional force when you hit the mag release. With Glocks, there’s no extra force so if you have the magazine well parallel to the ground instead of perpendicular, the magazine release is no longer locking the mag in, but there is no reason for the mag to exit the well. The mags need gravity to actually pull them out of the mag well and the shooter in the video was negating gravity by not having the mag well perpendicular to the ground when he hit the mag release.
    Exactly.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    With Glocks, there’s no extra force so if you have the magazine well parallel to the ground instead of perpendicular, the magazine release is no longer locking the mag in, but there is no reason for the mag to exit the well. The mags need gravity to actually pull them out of the mag well and the shooter in the video was negating gravity by not having the mag well perpendicular to the ground when he hit the mag release.
    Dan, thats not how the mags eject in my Gen 5 19? Held upside down, the mag pops up slightly when the release is hit.

So i think yes, there is pressure on the magazine.

Ok so maybe not like candy bars out of a drive in movie machine a la HK but still, my Glock mags do ‘pop’ a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Dan, thats not how the mags eject in my Gen 5 19? Held upside down, the mag pops up slightly when the release is hit.
    An empty mag with the slide locked back?

Mine hang up quite easily, especially compared to my HK P2000 that would shoot the magazine out with force.

Deadly force.

I've also noted that Glock 17 mags seem to eject more cleanly in my 19M than Glock 19 mags. Maybe that extra hair's worth of weight pushes it over some ambiguous threshold to eject reliably.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    An empty mag with the slide locked back?

Mine hang up quite easily, especially compared to my HK P2000 that would shoot the magazine out with force.

Deadly force.

I've also noted that Glock 17 mags seem to eject more cleanly in my 19M than Glock 19 mags. Maybe that extra hair's worth of weight pushes it over some ambiguous threshold to eject reliably.
    USPSA style, w slide closed.

If I do a reload on an open slide, I’ve messed up my stage plan.

My VP9 as well as P30SK definitely shot the mags out; don’t disagree. But Glock mags do ‘pop’, imho; perhaps not HK-like, ‘tis true.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    USPSA style, w slide closed.

If I do a reload on an open slide, I’ve messed up my stage plan.

My VP9 as well as P30SK definitely shot the mags out; don’t disagree. But Glock mags do ‘pop’, imho; perhaps not HK-like, ‘tis true.

Right.

When the slide is open and lacking the mag spring pressing against the slide, they can hang up quite easily.

Every mag on every gun will "pop" if you have the slide closed.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List