Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Site Supporter
    Mine are working now 100%. 600 rounds split between the two without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Why?
    Once a revo is loaded and checked not much to go wrong. A semi can easily drop a mag in a scuffle or get a base plate ripped off. And based on the gun fight stats from this forum reloads don't happen.

And yes I always carry a reload for whatever kind of gat I have.

During my 36+ years as an LEO, I rarely carried anything other than a 5 shot J Frame (642/342Ti) as a BUG... The J Frame backed up my first issued SW 64 and eventually a Glock 19 and 23 and finally a G45.
    Off duty back in the day was the 64, eventually replaced by a Glock.

Recently retired, I all but retired my J Frames, and I have several in different configurations. I love my J Frames, I do, but I find a compact higher capacity auto loader (G19/45/43X/42/P365/Shadow MR918) easier to carry, conceal, manipulate and shoot accurately. Revolvers are great and in trained hands can run like a top. Most people do not train with a revolver (especially with reloads) to reach that level of proficiency.
    In general, they can be taught and trained to run a 9mm pistol much more proficiently.

Regarding reloads, Iím not expecting to get into another gunfight or a situation where i may run my pistol dry, but one never knows- thatís why I will never carry without at least one magazine for that reload.

And your examples of pistol malfunctions (ĒA semi can easily drop a mag in a scuffle or get a base plate ripped offĒ.) are very much not likely to occur based on my professional and personal experience. Sure a pistol can malfunction but Iíve seen my share of revolver malfunctions. And when a revolver goes down it cannot be cleared and put back into the fight as fast as a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Once a revo is loaded and checked not much to go wrong. A semi can easily drop a mag in a scuffle or get a base plate ripped off. And based on the gun fight stats from this forum reloads don't happen.

And yes I always carry a reload for whatever kind of gat I have.
    There was a time when I was shooting 5,000-10,000 rounds per year through my handguns. Most of that was through semiautos, but my average round count between revolver trips back to the factory was less than my average round count between semiauto malfunctions, in all cases with good quality guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List