Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Are all the S15 mags hard as hell to load when they are new? The two I just got are super stiff, I literally just loaded them up and have them sitting, been a couple days already.
    Yep, super stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Another 200 rounds through the 2 S15 magazines. I swapped springs, and at first the mag without the heavy spring (same mag) would not fall free when empty at slide lock. This led me to conclude it's mag body or follower related. However, after some use it did begin to drop free. 500 other flawless rounds, though still FMJ FP reloads. With the current climate, I'm really not inclined to start throwing premium ammo in the mix.
    Another 200 rounds in the wee hours of the morning today. Early on that one magazine didn’t drop from slide lock, but later in the shooting it did.

Still shooting reloads, but mixed it up a little using a 147 round nose, versus flat, with a little more OAL. Also changes to some Win primers over the softer Feds, more so to validate the Apex parts.

So that’s 700 rounds into my 2K challenge, and the only issue is a mag dropping free. Slide lock has worked 100% thus far, with both the standard and extra power spring.

If available, I’ll try and pickup 2 more magazines next week. Still need to order up some SD loads, preferably 147 HST. Current environment rules out any local sources.

I’ve read the whole thread twice and I can’t figure out if I want to get into these mags. The consensus seems to be 15 rounds is better than 10, and those seem reliably except for not locking back to rear on last round and being hard to load.

And people seem split over whether it’s worth the potential reliability drop to get 5 more rounds.

So idk how to decide.

Also, idk if my decision should matter if I carry a spare mag or not. On one hand, if you carry a spare mag then maybe two 10s is better. But one reason to carry a spare mag is in case your main mag fails. So that makes a paradox where if you use the 15 rounder then you don’t need the extra ammo from a spare mag but you need a spare mag for reliability. I don’t carry a spare mag now but maybe I will in the future and I’m not sure if that weights the decision one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I’ve read the whole thread twice and I can’t figure out if I want to get into these mags. The consensus seems to be 15 rounds is better than 10, and those seem reliably except for not locking back to rear on last round and being hard to load.

And people seem split over whether it’s worth the potential reliability drop to get 5 more rounds.

So idk how to decide.

Also, idk if my decision should matter if I carry a spare mag or not. On one hand, if you carry a spare mag then maybe two 10s is better. But one reason to carry a spare mag is in case your main mag fails. So that makes a paradox where if you use the 15 rounder then you don’t need the extra ammo from a spare mag but you need a spare mag for reliability. I don’t carry a spare mag now but maybe I will in the future and I’m not sure if that weights the decision one way or the other.
    Not sure how many high volume gun fights you all been in..... I would carry a revolver without a reload long before I would carry a semi without a reload......

So idk how to decide.
    This is easy. Use the 10’s and don’t worry about it. I like a spare mag but realistically what are our chances of needing a pistol to defend ourselves?

You have practically zero chance of needing a gun in a self defense situation and even less of a chance to need more than 11 rounds. Carry your gun on your person every day and practice dry and live often and you’ll be more prepared with 10 rounds than most people posting in this thread are with 15.

Personally, I’m more excited about the possibility of larger capacity mags for the gun games. I doubt Shield is working on that but I’d love to be able to use a dependable metal mag about 140mm in length with more rounds than my current 23 round TTI GLOCK mags. With that said, I doubt they would hold up to dirt and mud and getting stepped on like plastic coated Glock mags.

Quote Originally Posted by OdinIII View Post
    This is easy. Use the 10’s and don’t worry about it. I like a spare mag but realistically what are our chances of needing a pistol to defend ourselves?

You have practically zero chance of needing a gun in a self defense situation and even less of a chance to need more than 11 rounds. Carry your gun on your person every day and practice dry and live often and you’ll be more prepared with 10 rounds than most people posting in this thread are with 15.

Personally, I’m more excited about the possibility of larger capacity mags for the gun games. I doubt Shield is working on that but I’d love to be able to use a dependable metal mag about 140mm in length with more rounds than my current 23 round TTI GLOCK mags. With that said, I doubt they would hold up to dirt and mud and getting stepped on like plastic coated Glock mags.
    Ah so are most people who are interested in the 15 rounders doing it for competition/gun games?

Ah so are most people who are interested in the 15 rounders doing it for competition/gun games?
    No, they just want the most rounds that will fit in their guns. Almost all are self defense focused.

So idk how to decide.

My S15 mags just work.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Not sure how many high volume gun fights you all been in..... I would carry a revolver without a reload long before I would carry a semi without a reload......

Why?
    #RESIST

Mine are working now 100%. 600 rounds split between the two without issue.

User Tag List