Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Never heard of the “fear of the mag dropping” thing before.
    I got issues....

#RESIST

Thanks, I just ordered five.

I also found this matching mag release on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SHIELD-ARMS...72.m2749.l2649

I'll swap out and see how it does.

Got my 2 from them Wed.

As far as the mag base plate goes, a nice feature of HK's is the front and back protection afforded by the grip design. Trying to resist a 43x! These mags make it harder lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Got my 2 from them Wed.
    I tested my 2 new mags this morning. One round of 124 +P Gold Dot failed to feed. I've posted more details here.

I keep hoping that they will announce the ambi magazine. I don't know what the hold up is, you'd think it'd just be having the same cut on both sides of the mag tube.

Never heard of the “fear of the mag dropping” thing before.
    I heard of it in regards to why European pistols having the heal mag release compared to the American push button mag release. I don't know if they had any significant data to justfiy it or if this was actually a truth fact but I was told the reason all the early Sig, Makarovs etc have the heal mag release was because the Russians, Germans etc were afraid of the 1911 button style magazine release being pressed while in the holster and dropping a magazine.

The +5 Extension for the S15 now has my attention, not so much for the added capacity, but because it might provide enough length to reach the “heel bone” of my right hand. Such an extension would need to be straight-back, to work*, for me, and it appears that the Shield Arms +5 for the S15 just might do the job. Previous mag extensions I have seen, from various makers, are rounded at the heel, which prevents them from firmly bridging all the way to “heel bone.” G17 pistols are my right hand’s friends, for now.

*I have stopped shooting short-gripped pistols with my aging, oft-aching right hand. I mothballed my G19 pistols, two years ago, having last fired them in October 2017, during my final qual before retiring from LEO-ing.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    So how are these things holding up in the real world?

Is anyone stocking these, or were before everything went kerplooey, around NoVa?

User Tag List