Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 274

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

  1. #261
    Member Olim9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Deleted
    Last edited by Olim9; 03-26-2020 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Nevermind

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Are all the S15 mags hard as hell to load when they are new? The two I just got are super stiff, I literally just loaded them up and have them sitting, been a couple days already.
    Yep, super stiff.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Another 200 rounds through the 2 S15 magazines. I swapped springs, and at first the mag without the heavy spring (same mag) would not fall free when empty at slide lock. This led me to conclude it's mag body or follower related. However, after some use it did begin to drop free. 500 other flawless rounds, though still FMJ FP reloads. With the current climate, I'm really not inclined to start throwing premium ammo in the mix.
    Another 200 rounds in the wee hours of the morning today. Early on that one magazine didnít drop from slide lock, but later in the shooting it did.

    Still shooting reloads, but mixed it up a little using a 147 round nose, versus flat, with a little more OAL. Also changes to some Win primers over the softer Feds, more so to validate the Apex parts.

    So thatís 700 rounds into my 2K challenge, and the only issue is a mag dropping free. Slide lock has worked 100% thus far, with both the standard and extra power spring.

    If available, Iíll try and pickup 2 more magazines next week. Still need to order up some SD loads, preferably 147 HST. Current environment rules out any local sources.

  4. #264
    Iíve read the whole thread twice and I canít figure out if I want to get into these mags. The consensus seems to be 15 rounds is better than 10, and those seem reliably except for not locking back to rear on last round and being hard to load.

    And people seem split over whether itís worth the potential reliability drop to get 5 more rounds.

    So idk how to decide.

    Also, idk if my decision should matter if I carry a spare mag or not. On one hand, if you carry a spare mag then maybe two 10s is better. But one reason to carry a spare mag is in case your main mag fails. So that makes a paradox where if you use the 15 rounder then you donít need the extra ammo from a spare mag but you need a spare mag for reliability. I donít carry a spare mag now but maybe I will in the future and Iím not sure if that weights the decision one way or the other.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Iíve read the whole thread twice and I canít figure out if I want to get into these mags. The consensus seems to be 15 rounds is better than 10, and those seem reliably except for not locking back to rear on last round and being hard to load.

    And people seem split over whether itís worth the potential reliability drop to get 5 more rounds.

    So idk how to decide.

    Also, idk if my decision should matter if I carry a spare mag or not. On one hand, if you carry a spare mag then maybe two 10s is better. But one reason to carry a spare mag is in case your main mag fails. So that makes a paradox where if you use the 15 rounder then you donít need the extra ammo from a spare mag but you need a spare mag for reliability. I donít carry a spare mag now but maybe I will in the future and Iím not sure if that weights the decision one way or the other.
    Not sure how many high volume gun fights you all been in..... I would carry a revolver without a reload long before I would carry a semi without a reload......

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    So idk how to decide.
    This is easy. Use the 10ís and donít worry about it. I like a spare mag but realistically what are our chances of needing a pistol to defend ourselves?

    You have practically zero chance of needing a gun in a self defense situation and even less of a chance to need more than 11 rounds. Carry your gun on your person every day and practice dry and live often and youíll be more prepared with 10 rounds than most people posting in this thread are with 15.

    Personally, Iím more excited about the possibility of larger capacity mags for the gun games. I doubt Shield is working on that but Iíd love to be able to use a dependable metal mag about 140mm in length with more rounds than my current 23 round TTI GLOCK mags. With that said, I doubt they would hold up to dirt and mud and getting stepped on like plastic coated Glock mags.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinIII View Post
    This is easy. Use the 10ís and donít worry about it. I like a spare mag but realistically what are our chances of needing a pistol to defend ourselves?

    You have practically zero chance of needing a gun in a self defense situation and even less of a chance to need more than 11 rounds. Carry your gun on your person every day and practice dry and live often and youíll be more prepared with 10 rounds than most people posting in this thread are with 15.

    Personally, Iím more excited about the possibility of larger capacity mags for the gun games. I doubt Shield is working on that but Iíd love to be able to use a dependable metal mag about 140mm in length with more rounds than my current 23 round TTI GLOCK mags. With that said, I doubt they would hold up to dirt and mud and getting stepped on like plastic coated Glock mags.
    Ah so are most people who are interested in the 15 rounders doing it for competition/gun games?

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Ah so are most people who are interested in the 15 rounders doing it for competition/gun games?
    No, they just want the most rounds that will fit in their guns. Almost all are self defense focused.

  9. #269
    BIDET MUAD'DIB LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Iíve read the whole thread twice and I canít figure out if I want to get into these mags. The consensus seems to be 15 rounds is better than 10, and those seem reliably except for not locking back to rear on last round and being hard to load.

    And people seem split over whether itís worth the potential reliability drop to get 5 more rounds.

    So idk how to decide.

    Also, idk if my decision should matter if I carry a spare mag or not. On one hand, if you carry a spare mag then maybe two 10s is better. But one reason to carry a spare mag is in case your main mag fails. So that makes a paradox where if you use the 15 rounder then you donít need the extra ammo from a spare mag but you need a spare mag for reliability. I donít carry a spare mag now but maybe I will in the future and Iím not sure if that weights the decision one way or the other.
    My S15 mags just work.

  10. #270
    BIDET MUAD'DIB LittleLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Not sure how many high volume gun fights you all been in..... I would carry a revolver without a reload long before I would carry a semi without a reload......

    Why?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •