Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    All the other poly strikers are running metal mags with 100% reliability, why is this a stretch?
    On my M&P, PPQ and H&K's the mag release levers are a polymer/steel combination.
    The paddles/button are polymer but the surface that actually engages with the steel magazine body slot is steel.
    On Glocks the entire mag release is polymer.
    When the sheetmetal magazine body is repeatedly bounced down onto the top of a polymer magazine release by the action during cycling, the knife edge of the sheetmetal magazine slot cuts into the polymer mag release which starts to cause assorted issues from the mag release being very difficult to press to feed issues because the magazine isn't held at the right height anymore.
    Plastic Glock magazines used with a steel or aluminum mag release have the opposite issue, the mag slot gets chewed up and the magazine won't stay in place.

It's not the polymer frame that's the issue it's the construction of the magazine release.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Considering that its almost 30 years later, willing to give it a shot.
    Magpul, ETS and the mighty Korean military industrial complex can't make a Glock magazine that's as reliable as a Glock magazine.
    Many have tried, all have failed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

So order their aluminum release and have peace of mind?

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    So order their aluminum release and have peace of mind?
    Until the same forces mashing an aluminum catch into the cutout in the frame causes frame damage/deformation.

Not saying it's a for sure problem with the design, I'd just hate to ruin a frame on a whim. All said, I'll wait and see how these things work out in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Once these start arriving, what will be everyone’s vetting process for these things?
    I'll take one of two mags, install metal mag button, and shoot the shit out of it with a hot ammo. I'll still carry the polymer mag.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Once these start arriving, what will be everyone’s vetting process for these things?
    My plan is to hope that GJM gives these a go. If he is as hard on these as he is on optics, we should know within about a day and a half if they are good to go... Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    My plan is to hope that GJM gives these a go.
    He says metal glock mags are incompatible with his optic sights, too much magnetism or something. We're on our own with this one round of beta-testing.

As I have said previously, the Glock magazine is integral to how a Glock pistol functions, and as a result, I have zero interest in being a beta tester for non OEM magazines, especially ones as different as these. While six cartridges in a 43 magazine always made me feel it was almost a revolver, ten in a 43X/48 seems sufficient, and I value reliability above capacity. If a few years from now, they turn out to be as reliable as OEM, I will take another look.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Damn it the logic in this thread is killing me. I am going to have to cancel my order. Oh well, I hate aftermarket shit in my guns anyways. I can't believe I've been messing with an aftermarket barrel/comp with one of my guns. Must've been the gateway drug. Maybe I need to go to shooter rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    and I value reliability above capacity

Hence the choice of 365XL for a carry gun, with 12 rounds stuffed into a matchbox of a magazine, with which you're effectively doing the beta-testing, for which I am very grateful since I have one chilling in my safe too.
    Unless we think that SIG actually tested that one, in which I case I apologize to all SIG fans for the insensitive content I have just posted.

User Tag List