Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Regarding the notion of the Glock magazine being the holy grail of pistol magazines, I find it ironic for a magazine that in it’s earliest inclination has gone through three or more generations of body designs, and 9 or more follower redesigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Regarding the notion of the Glock magazine being the holy grail of pistol magazines, I find it ironic for a magazine that in it’s earliest inclination has gone through three or more generations of body designs, and 9 or more follower redesigns.
    The holy grail of double stack pistol magazines are the steel bodied H&K P series magazines.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

If you are responding to my post, what I said was the magazine is integral to the functioning of a Glock pistol, which is different than the OEM Glock magazine being the holy grail of magazines. The advantage of the OEM magazines is they are tested by the manufacturer and then by the public at large, since that is what most people use.

You need to flip your follower, as the number is 6, not 9. The 9 mm follower has been the same for what twenty years, unless you count making it orange as a change?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

H&K = King

To be fair to Glock, they have been around for a long time. Sometimes change is necessary. The pistols themselves have evolved, the magazines should as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Damn it the logic in this thread is killing me. I am going to have to cancel my order. Oh well, I hate aftermarket shit in my guns anyways. I can't believe I've been messing with an aftermarket barrel/comp with one of my guns. Must've been the gateway drug. Maybe I need to go to shooter rehab.
    Why? I’d keep your order. I’m gonna shoot about 1,000 rounds through the mags and if all goes well I’ll start carrying with these mags and buy more. If they don’t work 100% I’ll use them as range mags.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I have said previously, the Glock magazine is integral to how a Glock pistol functions, and as a result, I have zero interest in being a beta tester for non OEM magazines, especially ones as different as these. While six cartridges in a 43 magazine always made me feel it was almost a revolver, ten in a 43X/48 seems sufficient, and I value reliability above capacity. If a few years from now, they turn out to be as reliable as OEM, I will take another look.
    +1. Less than zero interest here.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I won't lie and say I wouldn't like more rounds in EVERYTHING I carry, but I'll take lower capacity OEM over untested new hotness increased capacity anytime. I get it, I really do, the idea of a 15+1 shot G43X or G48 is very attractive, but, I'm not going to booger up my guns testing to see if the new stuff works and doesn't cause damage to the pistol. I'm very glad there are a bunch of folks who are more trusting and are going to wring these out - if a good selection of PF regulars shoot a couple of cases through these with no damage to the pistols and full reliability, then I'll be down for a couple. Until then, I'll be back here with my popcorn. And STAY OFF MY LAWN!

I've spent more money on dumber shit than these magazines that's for damn sure.

But i've given up on chasing a better mousetrap when it comes to Glocks because i've never been able to build one out of aftermarket parts.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Why? I’d keep your order. I’m gonna shoot about 1,000 rounds through the mags and if all goes well I’ll start carrying with these mags and buy more. If they don’t work 100% I’ll use them as range mags.
    Because at the end of the day as GJM stated, I value reliability above all. I've never been one to seriously booger with a gun. I have once with a P2000 and managed to reinstall an elbow spring incorrectly. I will never forget that lesson. I trust aftermarket as much as my gunsmithing/part swapping skills and though I really, really want a G43X with 15 rounds I don't think I want to make the possible trade off. Especially since I can't really put enough rounds in it to truly feel confident over multiple samples I think I'll just pass. Besides if I wanted potentially unreliable I'd just carry a Sig and no, I won't apologize like YVK. YVK has some class I don't.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-19-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Because at the end of the day as GJM stated, I value reliability above all. I've never been one to seriously booger with a gun. I have once with a P2000 and managed to reinstall an elbow spring incorrectly. I will never forget that lesson. I trust aftermarket as much as my gunsmithing/part swapping skills and though I really, really want a G43X with 15 rounds I don't think I want to make the possible trade off. Especially since I can't really put enough rounds in it to truly feel confident over multiple samples I think I'll just pass. Besides if I wanted potentially unreliable I'd just carry a Sig and no, I won't apologize like YVK. YVK has some class I don't.
    YVK is definitely high class. His sense of humor is more of an acquired taste though.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List