Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Perfect. Thanks. Looking at the JMCK Hi Ride AIWB for an S15 with +5 baseplate. Woot.

Got my shipping notice. Order 155xx will be here Thurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will G48 OEM magazine loader works on the Shield S15?

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Got my shipping notice. Order 155xx will be here Thurs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Getting close to my number.

Quote Originally Posted by BCGlocker View Post
    Will G48 OEM magazine loader works on the Shield S15?
    Yes. Mine does. Although I use a MagLULA almost exclusively.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Anyone have a no-bullshit guide for removing the mag catches? I’m having an incredibly difficult time trying to take off my OEM one with a small flatnose screwdriver
    While it is obviously not necessary, the tool Tango Down sells is worth it to me.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    While it is obviously not necessary, the tool Tango Down sells is worth it to me.
    Second that. Especially since I'm apparently developing arthritis in my right thumb at the carpometacarpal joint.

Got my mags in, its easier to stuff 15 into the shield mag and load it into a 43x with one in the chamber, than it is to use the stock glock mag...

Obviously need to wring these mags out but cautiously optimistic.

Mag Catch Spring Tool

I too was failing at getting the spring out of the mag catch on the 43X. Problem was getting behind the spring to pop it out of the slot after pushing it to the starboard side of the pistol. Screwdriver kept slipping off the spring. Dental pick was too flimsy.

Threw the screwdriver on a grinder and tried to put a 90 degree cut out on the screwdriver. Didn’t quite get that (grinding wheel too fat), but this worked on the first try. I was able to get the “hook” part created by the cut out in between the frame and spring. Hope this helps.Name:  9C1A82E8-B4F4-4142-BC04-76F28D1E3693.jpeg
Views: 442
Size:  25.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    I too was failing at getting the spring out of the mag catch on the 43X. Problem was getting behind the spring to pop it out of the slot after pushing it to the starboard side of the pistol. Screwdriver kept slipping off the spring. Dental pick was too flimsy.

Threw the screwdriver on a grinder and tried to put a 90 degree cut out on the screwdriver. Didn’t quite get that (grinding wheel too fat), but this worked on the first try. I was able to get the “hook” part created by the cut out in between the frame and spring. Hope this helps.Name:  9C1A82E8-B4F4-4142-BC04-76F28D1E3693.jpeg
Views: 442
Size:  25.7 KB
    Good use for a Wall of China Tools (Harbor Freight) screwdriver - I have quite a few I’ve modified for specific hobby tasks. Great idea!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List