Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Well this totally sucks... might as well get that stupid hellcat if this is really happening.

I thought a beretta 92 mag would fit in the 48. If that’s true, there’s nothing really special about the mag body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Steve Fisher saying something about a cease and desist letter from Sig. Attachment 44804
    Has anyone actually confirmed a cease and desist was issued?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    Basically says “we have a single stack magazine that transitions to a double stack, which allows the chamber area, slide width, and the area around the trigger guard width to conform to single stack standards, but the double stack portion allows for double stack capacity.”

It’s also more complicated than that. At face value, it’s not the first single stack/double stack hybrid, but the patent also goes into greater depth.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20190195584

https://patents.justia.com/patent/D858680
    The first link appears to be a published application rather than an issued patent. That means the claims might not be in the final form or in allowable condition.

The second is a design patent that protects the appearance, not the functional features.

I cannot promise anything but will try to look up more details tomorrow.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

They did put up a status update page for the S15 specifically
    https://shieldarms.com/s15-updates

Hopefully there isn’t an update about a C&D, that would be some bs

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    I thought a beretta 92 mag would fit in the 48. If that’s true, there’s nothing really special about the mag body.
    It fits, but it's snug, so it wouldn’t drop free. A few thousandths narrower and you’re good to go. Yeah, I don’t see what the issue is, or how Sig can block this.

Site Supporter
    Sig has big money and they can use lawyers to bankrupt smaller companies with frivolous lawsuits. I looked at the patent application and besides a lot of bullshit I didn’t see anything new. I wish sig would spend their time and money on better quality control and better products. I just saw a new sig 365 sas. Probably a good marketing move but for actual use they should take whoever designed it out behind the woodshed and knock the stupid out of them. Better yet have their management go through 120 hours of high round count shooting training at their own school.

Site Supporter
    Are they really using checkmate? I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Sig has big money and they can use lawyers to bankrupt smaller companies with frivolous lawsuits. I looked at the patent application and besides a lot of bullshit I didn’t see anything new. I wish sig would spend their time and money on better quality control and better products. I just saw a new sig 365 sas. Probably a good marketing move but for actual use they should take whoever designed it out behind the woodshed and knock the stupid out of them. Better yet have their management go through 120 hours of high round count shooting training at their own school.

What you got the be careful about, is that I’m the one who posted those two links, and I found them in a 30 second google search. There could be other patents (patent searching isn’t easy), and I didn’t try very hard. I could be mistaken, but I recall Phil Strader saying they have three patents on the magazine.

The way I see it, if there is anything novel about the P365 magazine (and Sig spent the time and money designing it), then of course they’re going to protect the patents. There’s also the obvious problem that the C&D letter is just a rumor, and may very well be untrue. And even if it is true, it doesn’t guarantee a lawsuit will happen. If they do sue and it’s completely frivolous, then I hope they have to pay both parties lawyer fees.

Thinking about it, it is interesting that Checkmate is making the S15 magazine, since they are the one contracted by Sig to manufacture the P365 magazine. Patents aside, I’d think Sig would have protections in the contract with Checkmate to prevent them from manufacturing similar magazines (and for all we know, the S15 may be nothing like the P365 magazine and all this speculation is for nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Are they really using checkmate? I hope not
    This concerns me as well...

User Tag List