Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Shield Arms S15 Glock 43X/48 pre order open

Kagwerks said they'll eventually have their slide release, but last I checked with them, nothing new on release.

You can back order the mag catch from Shield Arms. They seem to be climbing the curve on production.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Finally got to take my 48 to the range with my new S15 magazines. Gun is a more recent black slide model, and the factory option HD sights. Gun has Apex trigger and connector kit, and Shield Arms metal mag catch.

I have two S15 magazines. I put the extra power mag spring in one magazine and left the other as is. I did 300 rounds total, equal amounts per magazine. Ammo was my USPSA reloads using TG and Montana Gold 147 FMJ with a flat point.

Most of the shooting was done freestyle, with several WHO runs at the end. All testing began at max capacity, IE 15+1.

There were no failures to feed, eject, or lock back. Both magazines performed well for function firing.

The magazine with the extra power spring would not fall free when empty at slide lock. The other magazine had no issues falling free when empty. Neither mag will fall free when full, but both fell free down one round (14 in the magazine). The issue with the one magazine may not be spring related. During my next vetting session, I plan on swapping the magazine springs to isolate that one issue.

So far I’m optimistic about these magazines and they’re potential use for carry. I’m still planning on more practice ammo testing, followed by running some premium defense ammo through it. I was even planning the 2K challenge. My concerns at the moment is it seems a bit of a buying frenzy is going on, at least locally, so not sure how that will effect pricing and availability.

TBC...
    Another 200 rounds through the 2 S15 magazines. I swapped springs, and at first the mag without the heavy spring (same mag) would not fall free when empty at slide lock. This led me to conclude it's mag body or follower related. However, after some use it did begin to drop free. 500 other flawless rounds, though still FMJ FP reloads. With the current climate, I'm really not inclined to start throwing premium ammo in the mix.

I shot the hell out of mine today (sample of 6 mags) and they were flawless. I call these things carry ready for me. Very pleased.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I shot the hell out of mine today (sample of 6 mags) and they were flawless. I call these things carry ready for me. Very pleased.
    How many rounds? Just got 2 and a mag catch, not sure when I'll get a chance to test them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    How many rounds? Just got 2 and a mag catch, not sure when I'll get a chance to test them though.
    6 mags of 15, each at least three times so an easy 270 rounds of dirty Titegroup reloads.
    #RESIST

Add me to the "so far so good" list of customers. I only bought 2 and will have to test them a bit more to be completely comfortable carrying them. Small sample size and all, but I'm pleased.

Giving mine some more time before I write them off because I don't really want to. I like the idea of them too much to give up yet. I relieved a small area on the frame just below the mag catch where I boogered it swapping the mag catches, wondering if that was the issue. Mags are dropping free every time with the +10% springs. I am also no longer having issues with the top round sitting under the breach face. I can also no longer reproduce the issue with dummy rounds or live. The top round might initially try to seat below but are now sliding forward of the breach face every time now. I am really hopeful, if I can get through 500 rounds between the two this next session I'll trust them and order a few more.

Glad things are working for everyone else I think I will be able to work out the kinks I hope I can get to the outdoor range to work it out and zero my RMSw.

Are all the S15 mags hard as hell to load when they are new? The two I just got are super stiff, I literally just loaded them up and have them sitting, been a couple days already.

Deleted
    Last edited by Olim9; 03-26-2020 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Nevermind

User Tag List