Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASCAR bans assault & "sniper" rifle ads

NASCAR has a shitload of problems. Fewer fans, decreased attendance, decreased revenue, decreased sponsorship, owners wanting lower costs. So yeah, they'll take anybody's money at the same time they're trying to make everybody love them. The NRA, BassPro, Duck Commander, Remington, and Henry have all sponsored bits and pieces of NASCAR over the years. Maybe they found their demographic is more into shotguns than ARs. Or maybe they're hoping skinny jean hipsters will suddenly discover that horsepower is manly.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    NASCAR has a shitload of problems. Fewer fans, decreased attendance, decreased revenue, decreased sponsorship, owners wanting lower costs. So yeah, they'll take anybody's money at the same time they're trying to make everybody love them. The NRA, BassPro, Duck Commander, Remington, and Henry have all sponsored bits and pieces of NASCAR over the years. Maybe they found their demographic is more into shotguns than ARs. Or maybe they're hoping skinny jean hipsters will suddenly discover that horsepower is manly.
    More into Copenhagen, Skoal and Busch. (Wait, those guys like guns...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

One wonders why all these companies are losing touch with their core market, and are trying to appeal to the hip & woke.

My suspicion is that their management has changed for the worse. Where the previous management was made up of the people who built the enterprise from the ground up, the current set was hired based on having the right degree from the right schools.
    The previous management knew their audience. The current one does not, and we're going to see a lot of businesses losing customers and money in the next few years.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

NASCAR has been a 15 years case study in knowing what your customer base wants from your product, and then doing the opposite.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List