Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Repair

Little bit less than a day now...everything seems good. Calendar flipped to next day. Watch is running about 2+ seconds fast.

Standard for the Seamaster Pro is -4 to +6 seconds daily so it appears to be well within automatic watch tolerance for this 16 year old watch.

(I bought it new via order 16 plus years ago from my then local jeweler's shop...I'm not sure of the exact date of manufacture...but it's within a year or two.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for updating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks for updating this.
    My pleasure. It was a little nerve wracking sending out an expensive watch to someone I only knew via online reviews...but it looks to have been money well spent and at a considerable savings.

Just before I sent it in, the power reserve wouldn't keep the watch running overnight, and it wouldn't wind via the watch winder. (Rotor and the rest of the innards probably needed to be lubed bad.) Also, it was running slow and losing minutes per month. (No real surprise there given the need for lube.)

Anyway, I'd have confidence to send the watch back for overhaul / service in the future. His communication is good, kept to his time frame, didn't invent new issues requiring additional parts or labor, and sent it back well boxed and protected via FedEx 2nd Day.
    Last edited by blues; 10-10-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks for the update Blues.

Simong.

Sweet! I'll be send in my "Great White" Seamaster. Thanks Blues!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

A couple of years ago I decided to get my well worn and relatively beat to $hit Heuer Pasadena. My now wife of 35 years gave it to me for I believe my 25th. birthday. She recalls paying something like $350 for it back then. It was my everyday watch for a long time and although pretty good mechanically, it was showing its age, especially the dial and the lume.

Ben from Boresights Solutions recommended LA Watch Works from his own personal experience. Prior to sending off the Heuer I had a few email and telephone conversations with Eric and I was confident when I sent it out, that it was going to be treated like it was their own watch. They installed a new crystal, cleaned and re-lumed the dial, serviced the movement and got the Pasadena running like new. The only thing I did not do was to refinish the case- left it kind of vintage. And it did not cost me a boatload of cash...
    I love this watch and recommend LA Watch Works without hesitation. http://www.lawatchworks.com/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UPDATE:

Watch stopped yesterday afternoon about 25 hours after receipt. Wound it up, wore it for a while and put it on a winder for a few hours and it still stopped running in the middle of the night...then started running again when I pulled it out of the winder. Obviously something is amiss.

Has to be sent back to Mark Sirianni to diagnose and fix. (He says at no additional charge, but that remains to be seen.)

At this point I am not in a position to recommend (or not) the service of Mark Sirianni as I don't know why he wouldn't have noticed this issue with the watch before returning it to me. So please, do not use my experience as a go by in your decision making.

Blues- I'm sure things will shake out just fine... A short time after I got the Pasadena back from LA Watch Works (and after being told that I should "limit" exposure to water...) I noticed that even a literal drop of water caused the watch to fog up. I immediately knew something was not right . I emailed them immediately and they promptly sent a FedEx prepaid label. The watch was re-evaluated and the gasket(s) were replaced. Not a problem since then. They stood behind their work.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Blues- I'm sure things will shake out just fine... A short time after I got the Pasadena back from LA Watch Works (and after being told that I should "limit" exposure to water...) I noticed that even a literal drop of water caused the watch to fog up. I immediately knew something was not right . I emailed them immediately and they promptly sent a FedEx prepaid label. The watch was re-evaluated and the gasket(s) were replaced. Not a problem since then. They stood behind their work.
    Thanks for the good thoughts. But I've paid shipping three times now...so my sense of humor is being tested. I'm still well below Omega's $550 service...but I'm starting to wonder.

Hopefully you're right, he'll open the case and find some stems and seeds that happened to fall in while he was smokin' a spliff and rockin' out to some rasta music.

Sorry to hear about the watch repair @blues. Hope it works out for you.

User Tag List