Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Please update when you get it back, if you think of it. I'm in the same boat with mine.
    Will do. Hopefully, @FES313 can find a solution to his issue. I live in the same area as he does and we don't have a lot of options locally.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Blues will you be have a full spa treatment done or just movement work?
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Jim Watson

Thanks again for the mention of Mark Sirianni. After reading your experience and a couple other comments here in the forums, I sent him my Seamaster Professional today. (The reviews on google are strong as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Blues will you be have a full spa treatment done or just movement work?
    I don't think it requires much as regards the bracelet and case. It's pretty clean and I'm sure he'll see that it's been well cared for (except for ignoring the periodic maintenance).

I'm guessing it needs an internal cleaning and lube more than anything else unless he finds otherwise.

He's supposed to reach out to me after he gets it in his possession and opens it up.

Name:  Scan_016.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  90.5 KB
    Last edited by blues; 09-14-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Omega and Rolex service

I highly recommend Leo Ruffinengo at Official Time Watch in Salt Lake City.
    If you have a Rolex or Omega that has not been serviced since purchase the lubrications will dry and the gaskets will fail.Look at the replacement cost of your timepiece, put a crowbar in your wallet and spend the money.
    Leo will completely disassemble the watch, clean and replace any parts that need it. Then reassemble and check for accuracy and water resistance. He has a good stock of Omega and Rolex parts.
    He apprenticed at Rolex in Switzerland and his prices are hundreds less than the factory.
    My Seamaster professional chronometer looks brand new and it will go back to him when necessary.
    HTH,
    Shumba

I was just looking at what my Seamaster has been selling for pre-owned online and it's over double what I paid for it. Guess I better keep it in good repair going forward.

I was just looking at what my Seamaster has been selling for pre-owned online and it's over double what I paid for it. Guess I better keep it in good repair going forward.

I looked at what Omega wanted for service and got weak in the knees. Then I looked at what my Speedy would go for. Even if I let Omega bend me over, I'm still in the watch for less than half of what it's worth. That said, I'll probably send it to the watchdoctor if you're happy with his work.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    I apologize in advance for the long post that I am dictating. I have experience with Mark and the mothership at Omega.
    I came across Mark 10 or 12 years ago. At my recommendation, one of my best friends sent him a Rolex GMT another an an Omega Seamaster. Both were done very well, promptly and at 30 to 50% of what the factory wanted for their respect tune ups.

I Purchased a 50th anniversary Omega GMT in 2009. About four years into it, it needed to be serviced as it was no longer holding time well. The ETA based pre co axial movement is typically serviced every 3 to 5 years. Mark did it for me promptly and well. The price was under $250 with shipping if IIRC. We repeated the process in 2016. We repeated the process again in 2018. It did not go particularly well.In the end, Mark got could not get the watch the hold time and suggested I send it to Omega.

I contacted Omega in late June. They sent me a Box and FedEx 2day label. I sent the Watch and knowing that a full service/reconditioning was going to be approximately $550 plus return shipping. When they received the watch,they did a full diagnosis, sent me an email with their findings, got payment/ authorization and fixed the watch in about 6 1/2 weeks after quoting an eight week timeframe. Omega Replaced a number of parts and performed a complete overhaul/ lube/oil/adjust to include polishing the case, bracelet and perhaps even the Crystal. The watch looks brand new. The factory guarantees at service for two years.

Re paying for a Seiko service. I suspecSriko has a couple of hours in the watch from beginning to end on an individual service basis. If they’re paying their technician $25 an hour that’s $50. A few dollars in parts plus profit. It Doesn’t strike me as being unreasonable to charge $118 to fix that watch given it’s now a onesie as opposed to something being made on the factory floor and that economy of scale.

FWIW/YMMV

PS-If you’re contemplating having Mark fix a Speedy, I do not believe he chooses to fix chronographs. Moreover,the chronograph repair rate for a speedy at Omega is 750+ shipping I believe.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 09-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.

@Jim Watson

Thanks again for the mention of Mark Sirianni. After reading your experience and a couple other comments here in the forums, I sent him my Seamaster Professional today. (The reviews on google are strong as well.)
    If you don't mind to let us/me know your experience, I might send him my GMT Seamaster as well.

T.I.A

Simong.

My 2 month old Seiko SRPB53 Samurai is losing about 10 seconds every 24 hours.
    Should I have Seiko look at it or leave it as is? I've read conflicting advice online.
    I did contact Seiko USA and they said to send it in along with the original warranty card. I really like watch other than that.

What do you all think I should do?

ETA. Worthless with pic. lol
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 09-14-2019 at 11:35 PM.

User Tag List