Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Watch Repair

Hopefully, final update:

After three days, (and the initial discovery of the watch running fast), it has only changed 3 seconds over a period of three days. Well within the tolerances for a mechanical watch.

So, absent any surprises, I consider the matter closed and can recommend Mark Sirianni's work on Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometers.

Considering that Omega now charges $550 for an overhaul for this watch, the total price, even with the return, came out to well under half that cost.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Seamaster is running great and keeping excellent time. I check it against the official NIST US time site for accuracy.

I’ve got to send a 1968 5513 in for service. I don’t know when the last time it’s been done. I’m almost afraid to even have it looked at. I don’t have the budget for a huge repair

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I’ve got to send a 1968 5513 in for service. I don’t know when the last time it’s been done. I’m almost afraid to even have it looked at. I don’t have the budget for a huge repair
    My Seamaster doesn't compare in value but there appear to be many happy vintage Rolex owners who have left glowing reviews for Mark Sirianni. Check the google reviews.

I had a lot of concerns with shipping my watch which hadn't been serviced in 16 years until I noticed it was no longer running properly.

I had to send it back to Mark because he must not have noticed that the third wheel had a damaged bottom pivot, so I was a bit aggravated and leery initially. That said, he replaced the part and performed the repair at no additional charge, (but the cost of shipping it back to him), and since its return, I have been able to keep it within a second or two of the atomic clock by "resting it" overnight in one attitude or another after wearing it during the day. Today it is spot on. That is as good as an automatic watch gets.

His prices are very reasonable and he keeps in touch regarding status. I'd send my watch back for service if he is still taking them the next time an overhaul is due.

Just one data point if you don't want to go to the expense of using an official Rolex service center.
    Last edited by blues; 12-05-2019 at 09:06 AM.

@blues , thanks for the referral. I've watched this thread and saw your experience. The other choice may be Rolliworks in CA, as the rivet band needs tightening up, AND I might need a link or two

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    @blues , thanks for the referral. I've watched this thread and saw your experience. The other choice may be Rolliworks in CA, as the rivet band needs tightening up, AND I might need a link or two
    My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    His prices are very reasonable and he keeps in touch regarding status. I'd send my watch back for service if he is still taking them the next time an overhaul is due.
    Just recently sent my late father's Bulova to Mark Sirianni for a long overdue servicing/tune up plus hopefully some cosmetic improvements (scratched up acrylic crystal, missing black enamel paint ring around the bezel - I've posted pics before in the big watch thread) based on what I read in this thread. So far, he's been good at keeping me updated with what's going on with it. Apparently the watch back is "frozen in place." He says he'll get it open (he actually joked about dynamite ), so I guess we'll see where it goes. Obviously a well-worn Bulova isn't as monetarily valuable as your Omega, but given that it's an heirloom piece for me, I'm really hoping for good results.

[QUOTE=olstyn;1147181]Just recently sent my late father's Bulova to Mark Sirianni for a long overdue servicing/tune up plus hopefully some cosmetic improvements (scratched up acrylic crystal, missing black enamel paint ring around the bezel - I've posted pics before in the big watch thread) based on what I read in this thread. So far, he's been good at keeping me updated with what's going on with it. Apparently the watch back is "frozen in place." He says he'll get it open (he actually joked about dynamite ), so I guess we'll see where it goes. Obviously a well-worn Bulova isn't as monetarily valuable as your Omega, but given that it's an heirloom piece for me, I'm really hoping for good results.[/QUOTE

I think he'll do a good job. I had the frustration of having to send it back for an issue which was not disclosed during the cleaning and maintenance. It did cost me the shipping to him, but no additional cost for the work, part replacement nor return shipping back to me...so I think he was very fair. The watch was monitored for several weeks afterward with excellent results.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think he'll do a good job. I had the frustration of having to send it back for an issue which was not disclosed during the cleaning and maintenance. It did cost me the shipping to him, but no additional cost for the work, part replacement nor return shipping back to me...so I think he was very fair. The watch was monitored for several weeks afterward with excellent results.
    Sadly, Mr. Sirianni was unable to help me. He emailed me yesterday afternoon to tell me that he's been unable to get the back of the watch off, so he'll be returning it to me with no work done. I guess the cost of shipping it back and forth is just gone. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Sadly, Mr. Sirianni was unable to help me. He emailed me yesterday afternoon to tell me that he's been unable to get the back of the watch off, so he'll be returning it to me with no work done. I guess the cost of shipping it back and forth is just gone. *sigh*
    That's unfortunate. I'm sure he gave it a reasonable attempt. (His son also works with him, so it must really be on there.)

User Tag List